P3 Pro Crash. Drone falls from Sky no warning.

In your preflight checks, check your props are tight, that'll stop a prop letting go while airborne and the P3 spinning out of control. Plain and simple I think.

We conclude with several key implications of our results. First, our initial estimate of the energy, EK ≈ 3 × 1050 erg at ∆t ≈ 22 d (see SI Table 2), corresponds to the Eddington luminosity of a 106 M⊙ black hole, lending support to the tidal disruption scenario, and suggesting that the X-ray/γ-ray emission is collimated by a factor of ∼ 103 . Long-term radio monitoring will test this result by providing precise beaming-independent calorimetry15,16 of the true energy release.Thus the so called Phantom effectus dropus.
View attachment 31236
Sorry Steve needed an update. :)

Quoting "Nature" I see...

Mmm... nothing like some tasty GRBs coming from active galactic nuclei, aka, a super massive black hole having lunch. Million solar masses you say (not above, but in the article)? Not too shabby.

Okay, I will admit, if there was a nearby quasar, and the beam pointed towards us, yes, that might interfere with a drone. Or you know, nullify our entire existence.

But solar activity? I think not. ;-)

We conclude with several key implications of our results. First, our initial estimate of the energy, EK ≈ 3 × 1050 erg at ∆t ≈ 22 d (see SI Table 2), corresponds to the Eddington luminosity of a 106 M⊙ black hole, lending support to the tidal disruption scenario, and suggesting that the X-ray/γ-ray emission is collimated by a factor of ∼ 103 . Long-term radio monitoring will test this result by providing precise beaming-independent calorimetry15,16 of the true energy release.Thus the so called Phantom effectus dropus.
View attachment 31236
Sorry Steve needed an update. :)
*calorimetry 15
*release. Thus
Forgot the spaces. When you play technical you cant have typos!

Yep, Solar activity can effect GPS and electronics. Canada and northern parts of the hemisphere seen to be more effected because it is located closer to the north polar axis.
Yes... it CAN. But very minimally. And nothing that would make a Phantom loose its sense of up and down!

Yep, Solar activity can effect GPS and electronics. Canada and northern parts of the hemisphere seen to be more effected because it is located closer to the north polar axis.

It would explain the Compass issues, no problems in lower Canada then suddenly in northern Canada..strange.

BTW, Props were tight, all my pre-flight checks are solid! I don't mess about.. my production work attests to this.

I uploaded the .DAT to the maps made easy, but can't really make sense of it. The lines aren't near the crash site or don't correlate to the controllers .LOG file.

(Slow internet here) Please see the following links below. One for the .DAT and one for the final video, where the video ends is EXACTLY where the craft dropped and where I found it, the controller log GPS verifies this.

Just to be 100% clear. I flew the craft after finding it, replaced one damaged blade and tested to see what was working at low altitude. It flipped over and crashed again but softly on the black sand, that is what b0rked the motors (clogged with grit). The main crash (1st incident) which cracked/bent the shell, is probably a main component circuitboard issue is what is under investigation here. ;) Cheers!

Final Video

.DAT File of the day

P.S. What do I do with my batteries and controller if not flying for a while? Let them self drain? 2 are on about 20% One is 95% Controller is about 25%

It would explain the Compass issues, no problems in lower Canada then suddenly in northern Canada..strange.

BTW, Props were tight, all my pre-flight checks are solid! I don't mess about.. my production work attests to this.

I uploaded the .DAT to the maps made easy, but can't really make sense of it. The lines aren't near the crash site or don't correlate to the controllers .LOG file.

(Slow internet here) Please see the following links below. One for the .DAT and one for the final video, where the video ends is EXACTLY where the craft dropped and where I found it, the controller log GPS verifies this.

Just to be 100% clear. I flew the craft after finding it, replaced one damaged blade and tested to see what was working at low altitude. It flipped over and crashed again but softly on the black sand, that is what b0rked the motors (clogged with grit). The main crash (1st incident) which cracked/bent the shell, is probably a main component circuitboard issue is what is under investigation here. ;) Cheers!

Final Video

.DAT File of the day

P.S. What do I do with my batteries and controller if not flying for a while? Let them self drain? 2 are on about 20% One is 95% Controller is about 25%

What was you're location when the Truck went by? I could not see you... I know it was coming at you. I may go as far as to say that trucker could have been running some serious wattage on his radio (CB) or less likely a radar jamming unit. If he had a dirty Linear he may have seen the bird and keyed up knowing anything in the area electronic wise would be messed up. A 500 Watt or 1000 Watt linear is very possible with the mountains in the area for a trucker to be running.. It's passing someone at about the same time the crash happened. Again Just an observation...

I think it's a good guess of what may have happened.
We would Jam lots of other radio signals back in the day, I owned a 1500 watt linear and could shut down drive up windows set off car alarms and garage door openers with ease.. I know I was a bad teen...

Last edited:
What was you're location when the Truck went by? I could not see you... I know it was coming at you. I may go as far as to say that trucker could have been running some serious wattage on his radio (CB) or less likely a radar jamming unit. If he had a dirty Linear he may have seen the bird and keyed up knowing anything in the area electronic wise would be messed up. A 500 Watt or 1000 Watt linear is very possible with the mountains in the area for a trucker to be running.. It's passing someone at about the same time the crash happened. Again Just an observation...

We would Jam lots of other radio signals back in the day, I owned a 1500 watt linear and could shut down drive up windows set off car alarms and garage door openers with ease.. I know I was a bad teen...

When the truck passed me it would've been at least 100ft away.
Interesting point though, thing is I've flown over and been near lots of other trucks before in Canada, no issues.

The .DAT file just doesn't make sense to me theres a line that stretches to Africa!?

Ah well guess I'll have to give DJI a call tomorrow and get an RMA number

When the truck passed me it would've been at least 100ft away.
Interesting point though, thing is I've flown over and been near lots of other trucks before in Canada, no issues.

The .DAT file just doesn't make sense to me theres a line that stretches to Africa!?

Ah well guess I'll have to give DJI a call tomorrow and get an RMA number

100 feet is nothing if he was pumping watts. The other trucks may not have had kickers that you were flying around. For that matter the one in the video may have not as well. All speculation at this point.

Could his Controller be effected by a possible wattage splatter from the truck drivers CB if he was use high wattage? and could that in turn effect the bird? Or would that need to be the bird being hit. All hypothetical of course. :) this thought mite be helpful to some...

So did anyone get back to you with the flight logs and decrypting them?

I had a Texas Star 1.2 kw
DSCN6332.jpg
hot plate with a 30 watt modulator to kick it running out 102" stainless whip! When I dead keyed i owned 25 channels up and down! lol Like you said I could wipe out MacDonald's system! I agree with you.

I'm going to dig into this as well. Mine powered off at 84 feet into a lake. Some kind of full cutout just turned it off. Thanks for the info on your situation. I was in New Zealand in rural mountains.

Reactions: Mr.Spock
DJI has not responded in 4 weeks and it landed in the water so the dealer said I would be out of luck. I got it all working again but am nervous about it dropping on something else.

Lots of discussion of RF and other interference, but can any of that account for the OP's bird simultaneous crash and lack of signal transmission?

Lots of discussion of RF and other interference, but can any of that account for the OP's bird simultaneous crash and lack of signal transmission?

That's what we are hoping to find out, I sold my gear a while ago and have been Ham a now for emergency needs .I would think a bench test could answer the question quickly. Does anyone still have a working kicker in the 1500 watt range or 500 watts?

Just to be 100% clear. I flew the craft after finding it, replaced one damaged blade and tested to see what was working at low altitude. It flipped over and crashed again but softly on the black sand, that is what b0rked the motors (clogged with grit).

My estimation is that an ESC failure caused a power cut off on the main board and you had the first crash out of the sky.

The failed ESC was partially working and at the second flight after you found it you had again ESC failure and flipping down.

Most of the falls out of the sky for no reason (I.e battery charged, no CSC, no external interference of birds) should lead to a faulty ESC or board or a battery cell failure.

Last edited:
Could you possibly also pull the internal flight log off the bird itself?

The one accessed via first putting the bird into "enter data flight log" mode or whatever it's called, and then via the bird's USB port.

I'd be interested to see how that compares with you controller side logs.

And sorry for your crash/loss.

Was there large iron deposits in the area. This can have a major impart on the compass.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl