P3 can't take off straight, bad motor?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Hopefully you can shed some light on my issue. I bought my P3 used off B&H Photo a couple weeks ago and it's flown a handful of times, no issues. Today I tried taking it out and when I hit auto takeoff, it immediately fell over onto its side. I tried a manual take off, and the drone keeps wanting to drift backwards and to the left. I noticed the left rear motor has some trouble spinning up and is visually slower, even on a level service. I recalibrated everything and it still shows the same symptoms. I tried some compressed air in the motor, thinking maybe some dirt gone in there, but still no luck. Should I try to return the drone to B&H? I have no idea what could have happened to it since then and now, it's just been sitting in its case. I guess if B&H doesn't accept a return, is my next step an engine replacement/swap?

Should I try to return the drone to B&H?
If you didn't crash it and/or knowingly damage it, then perhaps B&H will help you. I'm not sure what their policy is for pre-owned drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl