P3 Advanced- Signal booster?

Cheap and cheerful .... the dual Parabolic Reflector ...... slips over the two antenna and gives me about a 30% increase on average ... the best bit is that in built up areas - I get a stronger connection and able to fly more confidently.

Nigel

Cheap and cheerful .... the dual Parabolic Reflector ...... slips over the two antenna and gives me about a 30% increase on average ... the best bit is that in built up areas - I get a stronger connection and able to fly more confidently.

Nigel
Totally agree. My one costs about £2 and it made a massive difference. No need to do mods to the electronics on the controller

Reactions: Numone
The other factor of course is that if you ever need to return to DJI for repair etc. - the reflector slips off and no-one would ever know you used it !!
Do some of the modifications some talk about and see what DJI Service Techs say then !!

Nigel

Hi guys, I want to extend the distance for my sons P3 Advanced, what signal booster do you guys recommend? Thank you all in advance.

What Nigel says. It works great, but you still have to have line of sight.
It does help with trees blocking line of sight, but not much.
You do have to keep the reflectors totally aimed at the drone

What Nigel says. It works great, but you still have to have line of sight.
It does help with trees blocking line of sight, but not much.
You do have to keep the reflectors totally aimed at the drone
Why would you not keep the RC aimed at the AC in all circumstances?

C'mon guys ....

If the truth be told - the Parabolic reflectors do not produce a true Parallel sided beam in fact. If you extrapolate the line of antenna to reflective foil and then out - you find its a slowly widening beam. So the need to keep exactly on 'target' is not strictly true. The strongest signal is of course centre, but as distance increases - the beam gets wider.

We all do it - fly out and look round, move ... and the antenna does not always have best attitude to AC ... but we still have connection with and without reflectors.

Nigel

C'mon guys ....

If the truth be told - the Parabolic reflectors do not produce a true Parallel sided beam in fact. If you extrapolate the line of antenna to reflective foil and then out - you find its a slowly widening beam. So the need to keep exactly on 'target' is not strictly true. The strongest signal is of course centre, but as distance increases - the beam gets wider.

We all do it - fly out and look round, move ... and the antenna does not always have best attitude to AC ... but we still have connection with and without reflectors.

Nigel
Sorry Nigel, guys like this just drive me nuts. What's the point to his stupid comments? And I am not going to PhantomPilot hell because of this guy, so forget him. I truly value your comments though. You are a vert smart man and I like your insights.

No worries ....

Nigel

Reactions: Uncle Stumpy
Sorry Nigel, guys like this just drive me nuts. What's the point to his stupid comments? And I am not going to PhantomPilot hell because of this guy, so forget him. I truly value your comments though. You are a vert smart man and I like your insights.
It's ok, numone is a really great guy with a tongue in cheek humour, I think maybe a few wires got crossed somewhere [emoji6] been on here for 18 months now and got to that stage where I know a lot of regular guys and how their personalities are. I am one of them too where I like to throw a few tongue in cheek comments in to the mix [emoji13] but I can assure you numone is a really decent guy. So is nigel too as you can see. In the time I been here I only seen about 2-4 real trolls on here, never to be seen again lol. Your in a great place uncle stumpy, and when you get used to us having a variety of different sense of humour then you will see that this is a harmless, helpful and funny site to be on [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Reactions: Daddy-Rabbit
It's ok, numone is a really great guy with a tongue in cheek humour, I think maybe a few wires got crossed somewhere [emoji6] been on here for 18 months now and got to that stage where I know a lot of regular guys and how their personalities are. I am one of them too where I like to throw a few tongue in cheek comments in to the mix [emoji13] but I can assure you numone is a really decent guy. So is nigel too as you can see. In the time I been here I only seen about 2-4 real trolls on here, never to be seen again lol. Your in a great place uncle stumpy, and when you get used to us having a variety of different sense of humour then you will see that this is a harmless, helpful and funny site to be on [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
I respect you sir, so I will take your advice. I have little tolerance for trolls but I do have a sense of humor. Thank you for the heads up!

Reactions: Numone and Neon Euc
****, don’t we get enough negative comments on social media? Have we become so sensitive that we argue rather than help each other....I’m 70 and just want to enjoy all the extremely useful knowledge you kids share.
Thank you for the great info and for sharing your experiences, I always look forward to reading about them.
Be safe and most important, enjoy life.

I'm 62 ... and to be honest being moderator / founder of a number of forums - its a thankless job and eventually you get to a point where on other forums - you just 'scroll on by' when someone gets all uppity !

I do occasionally have a dig though ... some people are incredibly easy to rattle. I will rise to a challenge - sometimes getting stuck in - makes a change from hum-drum. But at end of day, I lose no sleep.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119