P3 Advanced firmware update failure

Reaction score
I have a P3 Advanced that's been sitting on the shelf for 18 months. I went to power it up and noticed I needed to update the Drone & camera.
I can not seem to get it done. The drone does nothing with the bin file.
it currently has 1.9.60 on the drone and 1.9.3 on the controller.
i'm trying to install 1.11.20
Each time I try I format the card with the GO App.
Do I need to install earlier versions first? I tried installing via sd card, then hooked direct to laptop. Nothing.
I noticed the zip file begins with P3X and opens to P3P Is this correct for an Advanced?

Last edited:
I have a P3 Advanced that's been sitting on the shelf for 18 months. I went to power it up and noticed I needed to update the Drone & camera.
I can not seem to get it done. The drone does nothing with the bin file.
it currently has 1.9.60 on the drone and 1.9.3 on the controller.
i'm trying to install 1.11.20
Each time I try I format the card with the GO App.
Do I need to install earlier versions first? I tried installing via sd card, then hooked direct to laptop. Nothing.
I noticed the zip file begins with P3X and opens to P3P Is this correct for an Advanced?
The unzipped firmware bin file for a P3P begins with P3X. The firmware bin file for a P3A begins with P3S. Using a "P3S" file name for the P3A firmware started before the Phantom Standard was released.

You do not need to update at all, but if you had a version earlier than 1.3.2 you would need that version first before proceeding. Since you are already well beyond that you don't need to install incremental versions before going to 1.11.20.

Does your P3A work fine now with 1.9.6? Is there a problem or reason you want to update right away?

Its not mandatory to update, but if you've chosen to do so you should make sure you understand the changes related to AC FW 1.11.20. It was released in July 2017 and introduced forced flight restrictions similar to beginner mode if you haven't "registered" your app with DJI. Click here for more info.

If you've already done your research, already read the release notes and you've made an informed choice to update your FW, click here and follow those steps closely. [Release notes are here: P3A release notes].

Reactions: JoBe and Neon Euc
Oso is spot on with what he said. Personally you shouldn't upgrade if it flies fine. All the latest release is full of restrictions that some dont mind (like me) and some really hate.

Like the old saying goes... Don't fix what ain't broke [emoji6]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12