P2V won't hold position!

Reaction score
So I have had my P2V for a while. Stock camera pitch gimbal had never been connected. I had aftermarket gimbal on it. I repaired it and hooked everything back up like from factory. IMU advanced calibration, compass calibration, updated all stuff and it now won't hold position at all. 9 satellites. Wifi good. What do I do next? Both levers flipped up. What do you think?

I would try and do another adv. cal and make sure it was level . Like with the glass on the motor shafts and see if that helps .
Have in the past had to do it several times before all was good .
Is what I would try anyway :)
If you have had it awhile I'm sure your props are OEM and balanced .

Doing the IMU you must be level front o back and side to side. Use a carpenters level or simular to get it right and chock the feet to get it perfect before doing the IMU then outside after do the compass cal. Should fix drifting issues.

I'm sorry steve ..I should have been more specific and said use a bubble level in the center of the glass to be sure it was level on all 4 planes like this one ..
glass.jpg
I use playing cards under the corners of the skids to get it level .

Last edited:
Hey guys I did a couple of imu calibrations and used a level prop to prop on a wooden table in doors. I can do it again but it's not just "drifting". It's like it has no hold at all. Is there a setting that turns positioning off.

If I understand correctly naza is the way it comes from the factory. I have not changed it into any other mode other than the way it comes. But yes it acts like there's no Position hold at all

You need to plug into the PC and use the assistant software to see what mode it is in and what the settings are for the S1 switch. Are you getting onscreen telementry that is telling you you have 6 or more satellites and it's showing you are in the GPS mode. If the quad is in atti or manual mode it will drift with the wind and not hover over one location. You need to know you have GapS lock and home position locked so if she need to return home she can find your take off location. You really want GPS working and set up right. Check out the videos on you tube on home lock and Failsafe. That may help some.

I am getting sat lock and gps mode on my iPhone app. I will hook it up again and make sure the s1 switch setting. Will let you know.

The first preflight check is to be sure both the s1 and s2 switches are in the topmost position before starting. Then be sure you get the quick flashing green led's to indicate 6 plus satellites and they are locked on to your home position. With a full battery and charged up wifi extender and RC you should be ready to go.
Drifting is normally due to IMU and compass calibrations as long as you are in GPS mode and have sufficient satellites. Took me a couple of tries on one of my Phantoms to get it to settle down. Now she's solid and hovers perfectly. Patience is the payoff here.

I have made sure they are both up and have good sat lock. 8 or more. It's not just drifting. It is as though there is no GPS lock at all. I checked the pic vision assistant and it is in phantom mode. I don't know where to check the software to make sure S1 is engaged but the switch is all the way up. I have flown it fine for a year but after connecting the OEM original pitch gimbal back up it started doing this. It doesn't change it if I disconnect it. It's like it in manual mode. HELP?

After connecting everything back up did you try to do a new IMU and compass calibration?

I would plug into the assistant and check the IMU values as well as the compass data to see if it is within specs. If not you may have a hardware issue. Some pilots have reported a sensor getting stuck in the NAZA module and having to take it out of the craft and tap it on the desk to break it free. Do a search and you may be able to find info on the fix. Not sure that's the issue but if the IMU is not settling down after several calibrations I'd look there also.

I did already check Imu stats and calibration numbers and they all checked out correct. It must be hardware. I have sort of thought that all along but I've never heard about the sensor in the naza. I will try that next thank you so much. Any other ideas?

Well I took it apart again and check all connections and the gps antenna. Didn't find anything but put it back together and flew it. It acted the same at first and all the sudden started acting correctly. I have no idea why. Will fly it further and higher this afternoon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl