P2V - Crash

Reaction score
Hi guys (first post), I was out flying my Phantom last week (it's a P2V but I have changed the camera for a FY Mini 3D gimbal & GoPro Combo. I've also fitted my own auto retract landing gear setup. So there are a few mods.) I had my phone on my transmitter, wifi was on but not connected to the GoPro..I was flying for about 25min (on my second battery) and everything was fine. I get a call on my phone and my Phantom does a shallow fast dive towards earth. My question is, could a call have affected the Phantom or could it have been a coincidence and it was actually something else that caused it to crash?

It should be noted, my Phantom is on Naza mode. Approximately 15-30ft into the dive I hit it into Atti as my thoughts were that something messed up with GPS, but it made no difference. The transmitter was of no use.

The only time I've seen something similar happen was when I first fitted the Feiyu Tech gimbal and the emf from the gimbal motors sent the compass dolally and the Phantom went on a sollow boomerang flight an came back and crashed beside me. I've moved the compass since then.

I can post a video tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Funny as it seems, my P2V took a dive last week as well, same thing as yours, I think mine was due to my compass cable coming loose though, can't see a phone call causing the issue, is the compass in the correct position, it should be flat level to the quad and below the line of any motors.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl