P mode vs F mode

Reaction score
Other than the ability to turn on/off IOC function in F mode, I think F mode is the same as P mode.

Is there any other benefit flying in P mode compare to F mode? F mode let me fly with GPS and allow me to turn on IOC if I want to.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
The only advantage you have to flying in P mode is if you don't want the intelligent flight modes available at all (POI, waypoints etc.). Other functions with GPS etc are identical between the 2 modes. Out of habit I fly in P mode and only switch to F mode if I want IOC, POI or Waypoints.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Reactions: ryantrax
The only advantage you have to flying in P mode is if you don't want the intelligent flight modes available at all (POI, waypoints etc.). Other functions with GPS etc are identical between the 2 modes. Out of habit I fly in P mode and only switch to F mode if I want IOC, POI or Waypoints.
That's what I usually do. S2 is not used for CL or HL anymore like it was in previous Phantom so it really doesn't matter if S1 is in P or F. Even if I am in F mode, I won't accidentally activate IOC because it still need to click a few buttons before IOC is activated. Seem like F mode is a better choice as my default mode.

Just be aware when you takeoff in F mode that IOC isn't already enabled from a previous flight. You could get an unexpected surprise.

I think DJI also has acknowledged this as on the Phantom 4 they don't even have P and F mode anymore. Only P (including IOC), Sport and ATTI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: finalfantasyfan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl