p 330 help

Reaction score
Hi I have a p330 (says so on tag) I bought on ebay it had two broken props & one landing gear was broke. When I try to fly it starts to flip on its side. There is more than one version of assistant software on the DJI site so which one do I need to download & drivers? also would a 4ft chainlink fence affect the compass? Can you use Phantom 2 props on a Phantom 1?
I am new to the Phantoms & don't want to make any mistakes
Thanks for your help in advance

Hi Dronesky welcome to the forum. I may be corrected but I think either V1 or V2 will be suitable for you. The driver is universal but be aware that if you run Windows 8 or 10 you may have installation issues as the driver is 'unsigned'. There are plenty of posts on here and YouTube about this. Phantom 2 props are OK for you. As regards the chainlink fence, if the drone is right next to it I guess it may affect the compass but I leave it to others to confirm that! Might be best to just move away from it if at all possible. Does your P330 flip sideways because you are only giving progressively gentle throttle from rest? If so try giving it a lot more 'punch' on take-off

Hi Dronesky welcome to the forum. I may be corrected but I think either V1 or V2 will be suitable for you. The driver is universal but be aware that if you run Windows 8 or 10 you may have installation issues as the driver is 'unsigned'. There are plenty of posts on here and YouTube about this. Phantom 2 props are OK for you. As regards the chainlink fence, if the drone is right next to it I guess it may affect the compass but I leave it to others to confirm that! Might be best to just move away from it if at all possible. Does your P330 flip sideways because you are only giving progressively gentle throttle from rest? If so try giving it a lot more 'punch' on take-off
Hi Scouse Mouse yes I am giving gentle throttle the person I bough tit said it drifts to one side so I am trying to be cautious till I find out what it does do, the seller didn't know to much tried to tell me that you don't need to register drone will take it out later today & give it more throttle. Thanks for your help

My Phantom 1 P330 has communicated successfully with Naza assistant version 2.18, on windows XP. plus the driver installation.
in my case the internal usb cable was disconnected by the inertia force of a crash without external damage.
you shuld check your for something loose or damaged.
The Naza Lite version does not work with it. almost with mine.
Despite the original Props were with nuts, the previous owner changed it by aftermarket autoscrew ones.
I installed prop guards. first were the DJI but was impossible to store the drone with them attached. brought new guards, these are non DJI from ebay and can be removed to let the drone lay in the transport case. Also are a bit bigger , that let me use larger props than the original 8"
in my case, the original legs are too short for protecting the camera and gimbal. I have to find a solution to put longer legs but still getting the drone in the case.
one of the leggs has the compass attached. Is yours on the legg?
props are paired and have position. there is a black dot on two motor axis.
It is supposed a magnetized compass can make the drone tilt but I suppose this is flying, In your case i shuld check if the motors are having the same traction power.
in my case a motor is new and has a stronger magnet and power than the others.

Last edited:
Hi I have a p330 (says so on tag) I bought on ebay it had two broken props & one landing gear was broke. When I try to fly it starts to flip on its side. There is more than one version of assistant software on the DJI site so which one do I need to download & drivers? also would a 4ft chainlink fence affect the compass? Can you use Phantom 2 props on a Phantom 1?

The assistant and driver suitable for your Phantom are in the Download section at this address.

DJI Phantom Drone

Do not use more recent versions, because they apply to Phantom 2 and later.
If you have trouble in installing driver under Windows 10, first modify the PC date and time to 2014, install the driver and assistant(better if you run as administrator) and when everything work, go back to the current date and time.

About the fence, do not warry: simply do NOT perform the Compass calibration very close to it.
During the normal flight it should not give you any trouble.

About propellers, you can use 9043 or 9050 type(these are the stock for Phantom 2) instead of the stock 8 inches of P1: they will give you an increase of a couple of minutes of flight time.

Last edited:
Can you use Phantom 2 props on a Phantom 1?

The only issue you can have using 9043 or 9050 Phantom 2 propellers on Phantom 1 is the size of prop guards(if you are using them):the stock Phantom 1 prop guards are dimensioned for 8" propellers only. If you want to use prop guards, you need to buy original or aftermarket propguards suitable for Phantom 2: they can be mounted on Phantom 1 and have a size to accomodate 9" propellers.

Reactions: dronesky
Gianna_BT Thanks for all your help I downloaded naza & driver couldn't do the calibration without the upgrade (it made me) so did upgrade now it flies straight no problems I am very happy:)

Gianna_BT Thanks for all your help I downloaded naza & driver couldn't do the calibration without the upgrade (it made me) so did upgrade now it flies straight no problems I am very happy:)
It's a pleasure to know that this discussion can help somebody.
I wish you great fun and many satisfactions safely flying your P1.

Reactions: dronesky

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl