Oregon Coast

Reaction score
Just stitched together a few videos from my flights out on the coast this year. Nothing too special. I'm still trying to find what software for editing works for me (any doesn't cause my comp to lock up when exporting in 4k).

there are flaws, I'm sure. Props in the picture frame, the ever dreaded horizon tilt that I don't remember how to fix and xyz...

enjoy if you will

give it a few, it'll be in 4k. I just finished uploading it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cannon beach right? If you have the time go up to larch mountain at ~ 4 am and film the sunrise. Absolutely gorgeous!

Nice! Not too shabby would have liked a little closer up of the shipwreck and lighthouse. What software have you tried and what's the spec on your pc?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Cannon beach right? If you have the time go up to larch mountain at ~ 4 am and film the sunrise. Absolutely gorgeous!

Yes, Cannon Beach. I'll lok up Larch Mt and check it out.

Nice! Not too shabby would have liked a little closer up of the shipwreck and lighthouse. What software have you tried and what's the spec on your pc?

Yeah, the shipwreck was one of my first flights a few months back. A closeup would definitely have been better. As for the lighthouse, I was to busy chatting with strangers on the beach and flying at the same time. It was my first flight over the water (that far anyhow). Not to be anti social, but maybe next time I'll put on some headphones or fpv goggles if I can get a setup.Next time I'll get closer on the lighthouse now that I know its history. Just have to watch out for the birds and waves (which should be little with little wind)

The PC is a water cooled Intel 4770k, 16gb of corsair dom ram, strickly all SSD's and dual crossfire r290 video cards on an asus maximus formula vi runnin win 10

as for software, I used
Moviemaker - realized it doesn't output 4k files
Wondershare Filmora - fast forward is limited to 5x so I had to cut some material out
Adobe Premier - locks up **** near every time I try to export in 4k and anything longer than maybe 30 seconds

I'm really just thinking the video cards are more simply for gaming than video processing. I have an early 2011 macbook pro with Finalcut Pro on it, but didn't try editing on that recently as it's pretty slow when it comes to video editing, much less 4k...

Wow. What an awesome video. It blows my video away of Haystack Rock taken one day after you took your video (I forgot to bring the shade for the tablet so the glare was intense). How high were you flying when you were right on top of the rock?

Last edited:
Wow. What an awesome video. It blows my video away of Haystack Rock taken one day after you took your video (I forgot to bring the shade for the tablet so the glare was intense). How high were you flying when you were right on top of the rock?

Thanks

Guessing without looking at the logs. I think I maxed at 400. I really didn't want to hit it. I'll see if I can dig up the logs, might be on another device I was using.

390'
Found the log on my phone. I think I was streaming on YouTube for it

Thanks

Guessing without looking at the logs. I think I maxed at 400. I really didn't want to hit it. I'll see if I can dig up the logs, might be on another device I was using.

390'
Found the log on my phone. I think I was streaming on YouTube for it

That's cool. I didn't try since the glare was so bad, but I did learn from your last trip not to go on the other side of the rock so that it blocks your signal from the remote....

Yeah that wasn't too bright of me, but I took the risk considering a short walk was the fix

Now if I did the same at the lighthouse, that would really have been a bonehead move

Really nice work!

Saw that you were asking about editing software alternative.
I really like Filmora by WonderShare. I used to use Premier Pro and have also used GoPro software.
Filmora is really intuitive and provides a ton of controls for a lower priced app. Also does a very quick and high quality export! Shocked by that actually.

As far as brightness / shutter speed / iso, please have a look at Ditzco.com ND filters. Dave Ditz does an awesome job. I use them nearly every flight.
**ND & polarizing filters WILL make your results 1000x better when shooting in bright light, on water, or large contrast between earth & sky.

Link to a video I shot on Fri/Sat (4/15 & 16). Edited Sunday night and posted to BoobTube
California Central Coast~April 16th

Really nice work!

Saw that you were asking about editing software alternative.
I really like Filmora by WonderShare. I used to use Premier Pro and have also used GoPro software.
Filmora is really intuitive and provides a ton of controls for a lower priced app. Also does a very quick and high quality export! Shocked by that actually.

As far as brightness / shutter speed / iso, please have a look at Ditzco.com ND filters. Dave Ditz does an awesome job. I use them nearly every flight.
**ND & polarizing filters WILL make your results 1000x better when shooting in bright light, on water, or large contrast between earth & sky.

Link to a video I shot on Fri/Sat (4/15 & 16). Edited Sunday night and posted to BoobTube
California Central Coast~April 16th

Thanks Larry, I almost thought you were pitching a sale with the youtube comment. I do appreciate it though. I have the 6 piece polar pro set and one of the DJI ND4 I think it is. I'm still trying to learn which one to use when.

As for the software, I like wondershare. I just wish it had an option to fast forward greater than 5x. I ended up using moviemaker and dumbing down the output to 1080p, didn't think the res would matter much considering it was ff (skimming up the beach scenes)

I think I was a little rushed also as my wife was in the truck waiting and I felt bad.

I'll research / read up more on the filters and water on sunny days and plan a day to practice figuring this out.

very nice on your video, I like it a lot.

Reactions: GundoLarry
Thanks dude. What FPS are you shooting at with the Phantom camera? Oh crap, you're at 4K so you're probably around 30fps. Nevermind.

If you were in 1080 at 60fps (my fave), you could knock it down to 29 and use Filmora for 5x scene speed up...

Thanks dude. What FPS are you shooting at with the Phantom camera? Oh crap, you're at 4K so you're probably around 30fps. Nevermind.

If you were in 1080 at 60fps (my fave), you could knock it down to 29 and use Filmora for 5x scene speed up...

I might try 1080@60 at some point. I just have to get it out of my head that I want to use 4k. It looks pretty amazing and hard to downscale, but I'm sure over time I'll figure something out. I enjoy this and won't be giving it up any time soon...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen