One WiFi antenna not connected?

Reaction score
I was installing an Argtek kit on my P3s and managed to clear the white gunk from the 3 connectors, and disconnect them & get them out of the way. Then I checked what needed to be done to connect the new antennas. On the board where the WiFi antennas go, something wasn't right as I could not find one of the ant sockets. I cleaned the gunk off some more, but was totally baffled, thinking I had goofed. It then struck me that the socket was missing, only the clean solder pads were visible on the board. I am sure I did not remove it with the gunk, the pads are tinned but clean. I am sure there would be some evidence of such butchery if I had been brutal enough to rip a connector off the board. In hindsight, I recall that one lead came away easier than the other. So now I don't know what to do......has anyone else seen or heard of such a situation?
I have a pic that I can put on Facebook if needed. I am open to ideas! But I am grounded until I sort it out! The un-used antenna connector must have been secured by the white stuff, but going nowhere. Beats me!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Hello
Buy a Phanthon 3 4k, had already had another and spoil it. But now I can not see the station from the WIFI of my mobile. (Hauwei mate 8). What happens happening I buy it in the USA. Someone has an idea of what is going on, I am missing some step to do?

Hello
Buy a Phanthon 3 4k, had already had another and spoil it. But now I can not see the station from the WIFI of my mobile. (Hauwei mate 8). What happens happening I buy it in the USA. Someone has an idea of what is going on, I am missing some step to do?

Try borrowing a friend's phone for a minute and see if that works. Eliminate the possibility of it being a problem with the phone.

I've heard of the connector pulling off the PCB. when I remove the silicon from the connector I only cut around the connector in a way to leave silicon on that tiny pad to help hold it down. once I have the connection disconnected then I clean off the rest of the silicon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT