P3S Antenna cable broke. Should I go with an ARGtek

Reaction score
Hello all,

So the cable on the antenna where it plugs into the board pulled away from the connector. Tried to solder it back on but I think because of the shielding around the antenna wire I wasn't able to get it soldered properly and so I can only get about 200' away from my controller before it's losing signal.
So I was thinking of either buying the replacement antenna and just keep it stock or upgrading to something like the BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit by ARGtek. The reviews on it however leave me wondering if it's a waste of time or did a lot of people just not install it properly. I wouldn't mind having the piece of mind of being able to get a lot more range if I needed it but honestly I'm not one of those guys who sends it out beyond visual range anyway.
Is there something else other than the ARGtek kit that you would recommend over the stock?

Cheers,
Chris

Hello all,

So the cable on the antenna where it plugs into the board pulled away from the connector. Tried to solder it back on but I think because of the shielding around the antenna wire I wasn't able to get it soldered properly and so I can only get about 200' away from my controller before it's losing signal.
So I was thinking of either buying the replacement antenna and just keep it stock or upgrading to something like the BlueProton DJI Phantom 3 Standard WiFi Signal Range Extender Antenna Kit by ARGtek. The reviews on it however leave me wondering if it's a waste of time or did a lot of people just not install it properly. I wouldn't mind having the piece of mind of being able to get a lot more range if I needed it but honestly I'm not one of those guys who sends it out beyond visual range anyway.
Is there something else other than the ARGtek kit that you would recommend over the stock?

Cheers,
Chris

I bought the 7dB extender. I am solidly connected at 2500 feet on the standard.

I bought the 7dB extender. I am solidly connected at 2500 feet on the standard.
Can you shoot me a link for that? I tried dji phantom 3 standard 7dB extender in Amazon but it's not giving me anything useful

-Chris

You say the cable pulled away from connector. Is the connector on the board broken off? If so, you will still have issues with any antenna. You still have to connect all 3 antenna wires from whichever antenna you use to those connecting points on the board. Hopefully itshe just the wire portion connector that's broken so then you would be fine.
I 1st went with the ARGTEC and got about 2k on my standard. I since bought the Itelite and it has increased but have not done same area/conditions test but have managed about 2500'.

When I was changing out the ARGTEC to the Itelite is when I broke one of the connectors on the board. I bought a 7sed controller on ebay for $50 and installed the Itelite on it. Having a friend replace the connector on the small board. That's way to small for me to solder. Once that's repaired, I'll set that controller up with the ARGTEC. I'll then have ever 1 decent soared and or sell if I desire.

Mike

You say the cable pulled away from connector. Is the connector on the board broken off? If so, you will still have issues with any antenna. You still have to connect all 3 antenna wires from whichever antenna you use to those connecting points on the board. Hopefully itshe just the wire portion connector that's broken so then you would be fine.
I 1st went with the ARGTEC and got about 2k on my standard. I since bought the Itelite and it has increased but have not done same area/conditions test but have managed about 2500'.

When I was changing out the ARGTEC to the Itelite is when I broke one of the connectors on the board. I bought a 7sed controller on ebay for $50 and installed the Itelite on it. Having a friend replace the connector on the small board. That's way to small for me to solder. Once that's repaired, I'll set that controller up with the ARGTEC. I'll then have ever 1 decent soared and or sell if I desire.

Mike
No I was able to get the connector piece off and use it again to resolder back on the cable and then snap it back on but I think because the cable has a little mesh type insulator around it and when I soldered it back on that was also soldered to the cable it cause it not work work right.
-Chris

No I was able to get the connector piece off and use it again to resolder back on the cable and then snap it back on but I think because the cable has a little mesh type insulator around it and when I soldered it back on that was also soldered to the cable it cause it not work work right.
-Chris
Lucky you!
I was pulling off and the awful sound of "snap" and off came the connector.
Any of the new antennas/range extenders have new cables so you will be good.
Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka