On the verge of a P3A purchase, last minute advice?

Should I do it?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have the unit in my cart and am ready to click the submit button. I am upgrading from a modded Phantom FC40. Any last minute advice or encouragement?

What will you be using it for? Just fun? I'm in the same boat, cart full, but I keep feeling like the minute I hit buy the Phantom 4 will come out. I use my P2v+ for real estate photography, so I'd be getting the pro for the camera. I'm uploading a pic of my cart just in case it helps.

Attachments

• cart.JPG
    cart.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 420
Reactions: Oso
If you're ordering from Amazon, there are some authorized DJI dealers who are shipping via Amazon Prime here: Buy A DJI Phantom - Phantom Help

You'll receive it sooner if it ships Prime :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanjo Grale
Pull the trigger. You won't regret it in the least.
I was just writing the same. I totally agree. The P3A and P3P are both astounding. That sounds overly dramatic, but it's true.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
I was in the same boat as you.

Had carts ready.

At the end called up a store about 3miles from me and asked them to put one aside and picked it up after work, managed to get a discount from them too as I paid in cash :cool:

Havent looked back since as it is probably one of the best decision I have made so far (in case your wondering what the worst decision was - the decision to getting married lol, atleast one good outcome came out of it though, I have 2 beautiful kids)

Do it..!!!!

So there is one vote for wait wait wait, what should I be waiting for in your opinion?

PS Calling a local place now

Three little letters ... PRO ...

Even if you dont have a 4k tv, or think you will have one, think about all those people that dumped money on the old Betamax... or the laser disk. Old tech with replacements just being released. 4K will soon be THE standard! Its not a matter of if... its when. Being forward capable is always a plus!

Three little letters ... PRO ...

Even if you dont have a 4k tv, or think you will have one, think about all those people that dumped money on the old Betamax... or the laser disk. Old tech with replacements just being released. 4K will soon be THE standard! Its not a matter of if... its when. Being forward capable is always a plus!
I'd say each person's choice is their own. Laser disc was much better resolution than VHS and beta was much better than VHS on general. However, VHS outsold both of these techs and became the standard.

Having 4k and it making a difference might be two different things. Put 2.7k and 4k on a 4k TV and I'll challenge you to see the difference. Both will look superb.

I'd say each person's choice is their own. Laser disc was much better resolution than VHS and beta was much better than VHS on general. However, VHS outsold both of these techs and became the standard.

Having 4k and it making a difference might be two different things. Put 2.7k and 4k on a 4k TV and I'll challenge you to see the difference. Both will look superb.
I dont think I ever demanded someone do what I suggested?! What I DID do was point out that taking the cheaper route is NOT the best route. I never said the aren't both good. I simply said one was better. And yes.. It is a LOT better! IF you are using quality equipment. If the point is just to buy a toy to get a few pics of every day happenings then why buy a Phantom at all? There are many other options that provide an inexpensive HD solution. And for 1/3 the price!

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey if your willing to phish out the extra cash, get the Pro.
I'm happy with my Advanced.

One things for sure, I will definately be getting the i1 ;)

I have the unit in my cart and am ready to click the submit button. I am upgrading from a modded Phantom FC40. Any last minute advice or encouragement?

I recommend B&H Photo. They are based in NY. They have a 30 day, "no questions asked", return policy. I purchase everything for my P3A, from them.
Great customer service.

Pro and B&H.

When the first P3's started to arrive in the US I saw one flying. I was fascinated. The pilot (very experienced with FPV flying) was on only his second flight and was about 1 mile out. He was using his iPhone because he hadn't had time to buy a tablet.

At the time I was getting ready to buy the components for a Tarot 650 quad with a Vector FC, Dragon Link UHF, etc. as a step up from my DJI F450 FPV quad. I bought my P3P instead and never looked at the Tarot project again.

Haven't had any FW or app issues. I added the HDMI board as soon as it became available and fly with the HeadPlay goggles. My P3P is totally reliable and trouble free. I'm never messing around with tuning the flight controller or any of the other components. I just but in a battery and fly.

BTW, the only reason I bought the Pro was due to the rumors circulating at the time stating that the HDMI board would only be supported by the Pro. I have no interest in 4K imagery per se...

My P3P is the best RC purchase I've made in a long time.

Push the buy button and join the club !

:harry

Two things:
1. Buy it from a dealer that does warranty repair themselves for DJI, I think there are 4 of them in the US. This helps if you have an issue, avoiding the long wait at DJI.
2. If you buy the advanced model, you'll want to spend $60 and buy the 100 watt charger. The P3A comes with a 57W, ok to charge the controller but too slow for charging multiple batteries, one at a time.

Last edited:
I went local. He paid the tax, got extra battery, $1360 out the door. Look local to see what they can do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl