It was really calm this morning so I wanted to go for that record run again and get a DJI log/HD report!
Same batteries and flightpath as yesterday, today at 2 mph more wind. On the way out I just couldn't get enough speed. Sometimes 30 mph was all I could get even at full throttle. Went 47,000 and landed with 11% that mean realistically I could've gone to 52!
I'm wondering if it really has to be super calm to get these great distances. Or did one little chip in one of my props cause the slowdown, I was cruising on the way home.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469630759.650258.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1469630771.484374.jpg

I got in the habit when I get in a situation where the external shuts the P4 battery down, I would leave the controller and app running and just unplug the external restart the battery, wait for ready to fly then replug the external. I'm wondering if leaving the app open and controller on is the reason that on restart it doesn't record that flight in the app, it only records the first one minute start up flight.
So today when in that situation, I unplugged the external (main batteries already shut off) then I close the app, then shut the controller off. Then I restart the whole process as it flying for the first time. Today it recorded the two short start up flights and the long distance flight by using that process of shutting everything down and starting completely over. I'll keep trying it that way, if I don't get another missing log I'll know that was the answer[emoji41]

Hey db try that marine-tex flexpoxy..just file a little v in the crack then heat the crack right before you fill it

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Reactions: dirtybum
It was really calm this morning so I wanted to go for that record run again and get a DJI log/HD report!
Same batteries and flightpath as yesterday, today at 2 mph more wind. On the way out I just couldn't get enough speed. Sometimes 30 mph was all I could get even at full throttle. Went 47,000 and landed with 11% that mean realistically I could've gone to 52!
I'm wondering if it really has to be super calm to get these great distances. Or did one little chip in one of my props cause the slowdown, I was cruising on the way home.View attachment 60883View attachment 60884
The chip on the prop certainly didn't help...;)

I got in the habit when I get in a situation where the external shuts the P4 battery down, I would leave the controller and app running and just unplug the external restart the battery, wait for ready to fly then replug the external. I'm wondering if leaving the app open and controller on is the reason that on restart it doesn't record that flight in the app, it only records the first one minute start up flight.
So today when in that situation, I unplugged the external (main batteries already shut off) then I close the app, then shut the controller off. Then I restart the whole process as it flying for the first time. Today it recorded the two short start up flights and the long distance flight by using that process of shutting everything down and starting completely over. I'll keep trying it that way, if I don't get another missing log I'll know that was the answer[emoji41]
Good to know. Reboot everything if the external starts to charge the internal. I had a similar problem where I forgot to hook up the externals, and lauched with only the internal, relanded with 65%, hooked up the externals, and took off again. It stayed at 65% and no remaining flight time displayed until the total voltage with externals dropped below 65% and then it acted normally. DJI never programmed for external use!

Please include me to the list. My screen shot is included. Thanks in advance. Standard configuration. Not boosted.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 425
Please include me to the list. My screen shot is included. Thanks in advance. Standard configuration. Not boosted.
Hey bud, unfortunately that's not enough to make it to the top 30. Although that's some pretty good distance stock! Did you run out of signal or just get nervous?

Hey bud, unfortunately that's not enough to make it to the top 30. Although that's some pretty good distance stock! Did you run out of signal or just get nervous?

Ran out of nerve. I have full insurance coverage but I'm a bit new at this. I'll probably bite the bullet and send it far and wide (hopefully) very soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think I just inadvertently moved to a top spot. 37,401 feet total flight. Flew with unboosted RC (only DBS Mod). Everything else standard (no battery mods)
Turned around at 50% battery and 18,244 feet.

The distance in the screenshots is in meters.

I edited my last post. For some unknown reason, the Android app was removing almost a kilometer from my record. Here are the correct pictures:

d2b186edb2df461ade9f4a0cd9abd38a_thumb.jpg

51e25204d5faedcb28dcac591d3cc05c_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    9.9 MB · Views: 405
  • image.png
    image.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Just to be clear, are these all one way trips or round trips? Also, would it be possible to have maybe two max distance threads. Modified and unmodified? For me, an unmodified set up would be straight out of box. No mod'd batteries or antenna setups (would using some sort of windsurfer reflectors be considered a modification? (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Al...=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=SKYREAT+Copper+Windsurfer). Just curious.

Just to be clear, are these all one way trips or round trips? Also, would it be possible to have maybe two max distance threads. Modified and unmodified? For me, an unmodified set up would be straight out of box. No mod'd batteries or antenna setups (would using some sort of windsurfer reflectors be considered a modification? (https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKYREAT-Al...=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=SKYREAT+Copper+Windsurfer). Just curious.
Furthest away from home point and then back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18