Newb question: I've flown my P4 about 25 times now. I'm afraid to take it beyond about a half a mile. I'll get a flicker of a red warning and I am afraid of the unknown. What if I keep flying and loose signal.

In theory, the drone should return to home, correct? Does it throw warnings and generally can continue to fly for quite a bit further? What is real world on this?

Can you please give a little more detail of what your "flicker of red" warning means? Does it just say "transmission image weak"?
Or does it say in red "no signal"?
With some true aiming you can fight your way through a weak transmission image, it usually involves climbing in altitude a few feet

Last edited:
Reactions: Technodynamic
236dc572e9371c3338fefac574008ab5.jpg
just thought I'd post this, so ppl would see it

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's not composite, that's my latest bird, "Cloud"

Can you please give a little more detail of what your "flicker of red" warning means? Does it just say "transmission image weak"?
Or does it say in red "no signal"?
With some true aiming you can fight your way through a weak transmission image, it usually involves climbing in altitude a few feet

The smooth video will chop up or stutter briefly (freaking me out) and the warning is low signal warning (I think).

The DJI GO app has a few bugs in compiling these stats. Mine says 89mph and 19,000 feet top altitude! :eek: No can do! :rolleyes:

I had what, 84.7mph forever, I'll stand by it.

It's only 16mph faster then my last one, I mean sure, there is always room for deviation, that's why records are two ways, and multiple sources to verify, nobody else shows that, one thing is weird, looks like that may be top speed recordable and I could, could have been going faster.

Even though they've been getting a bad rap lately, I still believe in my copper WindSurfers. I went 15,000ft without any signal or signal strength loss. Could have gone to 20,000ft I'm sure but I was worried about battery life.

Windsurfer came in... Had a nice 4.3 mile flight :) thanks man! I appreciate the advice!!!

Reactions: Sim597
Well done, DB! Do you think the MaxAmp 2000's outperform the MaxAmp 2800's for flight time on the P4?

I used them cause they WAS light,
I,ve been getting the "motor speed warning" with 5.2. I never expected over 30 min w/ them though. They only give me 30-31 on the p3

Pushed my luck to 50 this morning. Turned at 48%, so it wouldve been close either way, but I kept getting "compass error please move " messages just a couple on the way out and almost every 30 seconds on the way back. A couple times it caused me to veer off sideways a few hundred feet and I'd have to stop get back on course. That really slowed me down. I would've had to ride zero for the last mile at least, so I just did a safe auto land.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1468678706.480430.jpg

I have one of my power leads dangling out the front leg, so I think when it hangs down the leg like that it interferes with the compass. I'll have to tape it up higher. Oh well it lives to fly another day[emoji41] scary flying though, really tests your piloting skills

Pushed my luck to 50 this morning. Turned at 48%, so it wouldve been close either way, but I kept getting "compass error please move " messages just a couple on the way out and almost every 30 seconds on the way back. A couple times it caused me to veer off sideways a few hundred feet and I'd have to stop get back on course. That really slowed me down. I would've had to ride zero for the last mile at least, so I just did a safe auto land.
View attachment 59897
I have one of my power leads dangling out the front leg, so I think when it hangs down the leg like that it interferes with the compass. I'll have to tape it up higher. Oh well it lives to fly another day[emoji41] scary flying though, really tests your piloting skills

Just had a forced landing at about 19,000ft out, no battery mod, suburban area over the lake, barely made it to dry land, my first one, was really short of the house, was in auto-land mode, and of course at about 20' AGL I lost signal as I was in trouble made decision to land short vs keep flying, I already wasn't going to make it, the first Rd after the lake I started scouting, picked a front yard of a nice McMansion and was in my car before she hit the ground I'll bet, was dusk but I knew where to look and there it was, sitting pretty with her lights on.

Hey Sim, that's scary stuff landing in somebody's yard, do you mind sharing a little more details of the flight, what made the forced landing. 19,000 feet out is pretty far to be without a battery mod.. That's actually pretty skillful to autoland it in that scenario,good job

All updated! Sorry for the late updates. Was traveling the past two weeks and things were a little slow.

All updated! Sorry for the late updates. Was traveling the past two weeks and things were a little slow.
I think DB's record seems a little off. ;)
46 million feet? Needs to lose 3 digits. :eek:

2. dirtybum - 46,340,283 ft - Terminator Extreme, Boosted, Battery Mod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl