Maxamps 2800?
Yeah Max Amps 2800 mah with what I'm running now I think 35 maybe 36 minutes is what I get if I ran it completely down to zero but everything I'm running is old my Max Amps are over a year old. and the DJI battery I'm running has over 35 discharge is on it so with a fresh sets you're probably looking at another minute or two who knows maybe more.

Wow.. 9 miles one way. I've done 9.4 miles on my P4 in one flight- but in total flight distance! I see you have the terminator, but how did you mod your battery? I don't think a stock P4 battery could manage past maybe 10 miles at most..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
thanks my battery mod was done by Paul Shaffer at fpvcustoms.com he does a good job I'd recommend his work to anybody. one thing I like about the way he did mine is xt60 leads coming off the drone are adjustable length not all the batteries on the market today are the same length sometimes they're two inches long sometime there 6 inches by having an adjustable lead you can retract the cable inside the Drone you can make the leads just long enough to reach the connection. I would like to think that reduces drag a little bit not having 5 inches of cable hanging off the back of your drone. here some pictures of my bird. 20160514_184649.jpg 20160514_184633.jpg 20160514_183922.jpg 20160514_184610.jpg 20160514_184511.jpg

thanks my battery mod was done by Paul Shaffer at fpvcustoms.com he does a good job I'd recommend his work to anybody. one thing I like about the way he did mine is xt60 leads coming off the drone are adjustable length not all the batteries on the market today are the same length sometimes they're two inches long sometime there 6 inches by having an adjustable lead you can retract the cable inside the Drone you can make the leads just long enough to reach the connection. I would like to think that reduces drag a little bit not having 5 inches of cable hanging off the back of your drone. here some pictures of my bird.View attachment 53796 View attachment 53797 View attachment 53798 View attachment 53799 View attachment 53801

So what's your total flight time with that setup? So when you don't have the saddle batteries on, you just leave the leads hanging off the Drone?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

On my Nine Mile flight I got up to 34 minutes and 13 seconds but I still had some more battery left I think I get about 35 min maybe 36 min I actually leave everything hooked up and I just charge it when I use it. Even after modifications the bird still fits in the styrofoam case it came in with the batteries on so I just leave them on all the time I guess I'm lazy.
I always fly with the saddlebag batteries on but like I showed in the other picture the cables actually retract up into the Drone they don't hang out all that far.

20160515_121833.jpg

On my Nine Mile flight I got up to 34 minutes and 13 seconds but I still had some more battery left I think I get about 35 min maybe 36 min I actually leave everything hooked up and I just charge it when I use it. Even after modifications the bird still fits in the styrofoam case it came in with the batteries on so I just leave them on all the time I guess I'm lazy.
I always fly with the saddlebag batteries on but like I showed in the other picture the cables actually retract up into the Drone they don't hang out all that far.

View attachment 53891
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the photos! My FPVCustoms.com battery modded P4 arrives tomorrow! So glad it will still fit in the case with the MaxAmps still strapped on. I keep my P3P externals permanently strapped to my P3P, too, and just back the bird up to the M100 charger for the connections for charging. Excited that Paul also gave us some removable slack on the P4 XT60 connector wires, so we aren't straining the internal wiring, pulling the connectors off after flight! Great mod design! :cool:

What do you guys call boosted? An regular antenna or a powered antenna?

What do you guys call boosted? An regular antenna or a powered antenna?

A transmitter antenna mod (DBS-02, FPVLR v2, or one of the newer ones) with two externally powered 2.5A to 5.0A amplifiers added to it, one on the control side and one on the video FPV side.

Reactions: rbreban
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

My max range using the ITElite DBS MaxxRange antenna with two Sunhans 3W amplifiers and thick cables ~3.5 miles out (~7.0 miles total with the return trip). You can see I have to deal with lots of neighborhoods, interference, and leaves on trees. Got this nice setup from MaxxUAV.com! Jake's service is awesome! Incredible customer service and speedy delivery times!

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I'm new to the drone world and I have really gone for the long range/long distance with the Maxxuav.com boosted (a plug for Jake awesome customer service). I now find myself running out of battery before signal. So I got on Solidworks and designed a battery adapter for the P4 that allows for 2 extra lipos without any modifications to the drone. I am in testing now and would like to get some feed back on a price point from everyone. Thanks Matt

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I'm new to the drone world and I have really gone for the long range/long distance with the Maxxuav.com boosted (a plug for Jake awesome customer service). I now find myself running out of battery before signal. So I got on Solidworks and designed a battery adapter for the P4 that allows for 2 extra lipos without any modifications to the drone. I am in testing now and would like to get some feed back on a price point from everyone. Thanks Matt
I'm curious as to what you've come up with. I'll shoot you a PM.

Trying to figure how you can hook up 2 extra lipos without any modifications. I'm intrigued , but unless you use the exposed port , how can this be done without drilling into the P4 body ?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart