Try the nearest airport! :p
NOT! :eek:

Why not? Call ATC tower and ask if they have any flights coming in, ask if you could fly in the area to test a couple of things and give them a time frame you'll be there as long as a call back number.

Keep in mind I'm talking about small airports and not JFK or LAX lol

Chuck from DBS Mods just took his to 33,763 feet! His mods are ItElite MaxxRange Panel, Battery Mod.

Attachments

• ChuckR.jpg
    ChuckR.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 454
I think could get close to 28 minutes putting around at 15 or 20 miles an hour Maybe anything over 50% throttle I don't see it happening.
Yes, I am thinking that the sweet spot is 22 mph, which is the DJI RTH speed, and everyone reporting great battery life likely has OAS turned on, which also imposes that 22 mph max speed. I always had OAS off, in all my P4 testing, and flew full throttle. ATTI delivered the worst flight time, at only 12 minutes to 7% remaining, starting at 97%. Ironic, as DJI supposedly used only ATTI mode for their 28 plus minute rating!

Why not? Call ATC tower and ask if they have any flights coming in, ask if you could fly in the area to test a couple of things and give them a time frame you'll be there as long as a call back number.

Keep in mind I'm talking about small airports and not JFK or LAX lol
Yeah, those small airports are great for long drive golf competitions, too! But, do get permission first! :p

When will they be selling the P4 Battery Mod and the ItElite MaxxRange Panel? Me want 'um!:D
I'm not sure if they plan to sell the MaxxRange panel or not. There is another long range antenna they're looking at bringing to market. Keith used it this past weekend with his P3 Pro and got some crazy range! Can't remember what he hit exactly.

I'm not sure if they plan to sell the MaxxRange panel or not. There is another long range antenna they're looking at bringing to market. Keith used it this past weekend with his P3 Pro and got some crazy range! Can't remember what he hit exactly.
48363 feet just under 37 minutes flight time with the P3 at 400 feet altitude I would be able to fly at a lower altitude and hit that same distance in my normal flying area less interference a little clearer line of sight then what we have at milestone only drawback to wear iFly the first 9000 feet and the last nine thousand feet is all over water you gotta be real sure you're going to make it where I fly in Tampa.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Sorry, THAT was the one I wanted, the one Keith was using this last weekend!
Anybody selling the P4 battery mod yet, that I have seen photographs of?
image.png

Sorry, THAT was the one I wanted, the one Keith was using this last weekend!
Anybody selling the P4 battery mod yet, that I have seen photographs of?
View attachment 49513
I sell the battery wings, but not sure if anyone is doing the mod yet. If you know chuck, he's the one to ask. The picture is his drone.

I sell the battery wings, but not sure if anyone is doing the mod yet. If you know chuck, he's the one to ask. The picture is his drone.
Yeah, I have the wings, too, from my P3P. Just need a modded P4 battery with the female jacks coming from it, which is preferable to installing them on the aircraft itself, to prevent voiding the warranty on a new P4 model, before all the bugs are out.

P4 Battery Life myth (and my educated thoughts on range)

I'll post a 28 minute flight tomorrow with a more broken in battery and hover for the last 8% and I think I'll break the 28 minute mark. 22 mins with 27% is 28 mins min.

I just realized your "uptolevel6"... Lol. In my post "I'm sorry to say... But...." Explaining I love my P4, I got accused of being you!

Lol. See DirtyBird! It's not me! Whoop!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where did you see this pic? Source?
From what I gathered, only a bird mod is possible, no battery mod.
Apparently, the modded P4 is owned by Chuck who posted a video that I took the screenshots from, as I recall.
I don't know Chuck, but would love to contact him. Any way to reach him?

From what I gathered, only a bird mod is possible, no battery mod.
I am still trying to get my P4 battery modded. However, I am told it's a b*tch to do, unlike the P 3 battery, as the wires need to come from the bottom of the P4 battery, where the charge port has been relocated, rather than the top, like the P3 battery.

I am still trying to get my P4 battery modded. However, I am told it's a b*tch to do, unlike the P 3 battery, as the wires need to come from the bottom of the P4 battery, where the charge port has been relocated, rather than the top, like the P3 battery.
How are you "still trying"? Doing it yourself? Found someone? I sent it to someone who does P3 battery mods, and he opened my P4 battery and can't to the mod, as the contacts are not accessible well enough. Only bird mod possible...

How are you "still trying"? Doing it yourself? Found someone? I sent it to someone who does P3 battery mods, and he opened my P4 battery and can't to the mod, as the contacts are not accessible well enough. Only bird mod possible...
Still trying to convince my guy who did my P3 mod to persevere and not give up, but he may already have. I haven't heard back yet. First guy who can do it, and repeat it, will make a fortune, as the underpowered battery is the P4's Achilles heel. It badly needs this mod to stay on a parity with the P3P. How much to do the birdside P4 mod?

Still trying to convince my guy who did my P3 mod to persevere and not give up, but he may already have. I haven't heard back yet. First guy who can do it, and repeat it, will make a fortune, as the underpowered battery is the P4's Achilles heel. It badly needs this mod to stay on a parity with the P3P. How much to do the birdside P4 mod?
The guy that did my P3 batter mods, won't do P4. Too hard. And I can't find anyone that would do the P4 birdside either.

The guy that did my P3 batter mods, won't do P4. Too hard. And I can't find anyone that would do the P4 birdside either.
Hard just means they can charge more money for it, because no one can do it themselves! Give it time. Where there's a will, there's a way, and when there is money to be had, the vacuum will be filled! :D

Hard just means they can charge more money for it, because no one can do it themselves! Give it time. Where there's a will, there's a way, and when there is money to be had, the vacuum will be filled! :D
Well I actually sent my P4 battery to this guy. He opened it, spent time, and told me it's just impossible. So it seems only the bird mod is the way forward.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl