Please let me know that what's your mode choice(standards & sports complex or sports only) with P4 as long range flighting?
I used sports mode apart from the last kilometre returning back where I switched to P-mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

ITELITE MAXXRANGE ANTENNA + Inspire radio = Battery limited the distance :cool:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 9.52.41 AM.png
IMG_0637.JPG

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

1. Keith M. - 50,912 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
4. Fanti - 38,322 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
5. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
6. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
7. Fast13 - 26,280 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
8. josephtarlecky - 24,211 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
9. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 24,048 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
10. TheLightSpeedz - 23,072 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
11. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
12. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
13. FLPTFLYER - 22,327 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
14. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
15. YoungBlood - 21,478 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
16. SolarDude - 20,802 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted
17. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
18. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
19. KykPhantom - 20,474 ft - Stock
20. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
21. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock
22. r62ewa - 20,006 ft - Stock
23. Fallguy - 19,486 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted
24. Ozziebattler - 19,460.7 ft - Windsurfer
25. Kman - 19,335.7 - Stock
26. phantom13flyer - 19,114 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna - Unboosted
27. DanielMyst777 - 18,518 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted
28. Jonathan Abdoo - 18,186 ft - Windsurfer
29. Altaman - 18,159 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
30. Stewkur - 16,680.9 ft - Windsurfer

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!
Thanks Jake. Can we do a top 10 stock as well?

Please let me know that what's your mode choice(standards & sports complex or sports only) with P4 as long range flighting?
Sport mode is a gimmick you don't get enough flight time with sport mode in my opinion I run my GPS at around 32 to 33 miles per hour about 70% throttle the entire flight you end up with a drone that has about a 20 mile range total with the batteries I'm using right now

Reactions: Lee SK
Can I hang out with you guys over here, this is going to be fun!
Just got the P4! Still got a lot of work to do. This is the first time I took it outdoors and it's first ever flight, I didn't even unwrapped the propellers before this flight. It was very windy so I had to fly a flight path that I knew I would not get past 20,000 feet with stock antennas. In fact, I don't even know enough about this aircraft yet to know how to fly it. So for its first flight I'll settle for this[emoji41]
No need to put it on the list Jake, I'll be updating real soon, I just wanted to get my foot in the door with you

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Can I hang out with you guys over here, this is going to be fun!
Just got the P4! Still got a lot of work to do. This is the first time I took it outdoors and it's first ever flight, I didn't even unwrapped the propellers before this flight. It was very windy so I had to fly a flight path that I knew I would not get past 20,000 feet with stock antennas. In fact, I don't even know enough about this aircraft yet to know how to fly it. So for its first flight I'll settle for this[emoji41]
No need to put it on the list Jake, I'll be updating real soon, I just wanted to get my foot in the door with you
Am I looking at it wrong or did you do a one way flight ? Very impressive for stock antennas . Very nice !!

Sport mode is a gimmick you don't get enough flight time with sport mode in my opinion I run my GPS at around 32 to 33 miles per hour about 70% throttle the entire flight you end up with a drone that has about a 20 mile range total with the batteries I'm using right now
You are great!!! I think that it is very dfficult to keep abt.50km/h... when it's windy day..
Thanks for your kind reply!!!

Last edited:
Am I looking at it wrong or did you do a one way flight ? Very impressive for stock antennas . Very nice !!

No you're not looking at it wrong, it got a little rocky there at the end of the 18,000 feet (I was holding completely stock controller with no lanyard or tripod and that's just not how I'm used to flying so my aim was lousy)so the DJI log got broken in two parts when I lost signal. I just didn't bother posting the other half because I didn't really care for Jake to put it on the list

No you're not looking at it wrong, it got a little rocky there at the end of the 18,000 feet (I was holding completely stock controller with no lanyard or tripod and that's just not how I'm used to flying so my aim was lousy)so the DJI log got broken in two parts when I lost signal. I just didn't bother posting the other half because I didn't really care for Jake to put it on the list
Hey! BD, P4? Is it yours? or theirs?

I tend to agree with you, I have similar conclusions with all the experiments I carried out. Speed of 15m/s (about 33 mph) consumes only 5-6% of the battery capacity, whereas sports mode or P-GPS mode at their max. speed consume 7-8%. The only problem is that you have to concentrate all the time on the speed while at the same time you need to check the flight path, altitude, battery's temperature ... - all these when you try to extend your range as much as possible.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I tend to agree with you, I have similar conclusions with all the experiments I carried out. Speed of 15m/s (about 33 mph) consumes only 5-6% of the battery capacity, whereas sports mode or P-GPS mode at their max. speed consume 7-8%. The only problem is that you have to concentrate all the time on the speed while at the same time you need to check the flight path, altitude, battery's temperature ... - all these when you try to extend your range as much as possible.

I like sport mode because the bird is so much more responsive.

I try to keep 30.5 average. I also watch the rpm gauge to see how hard it is struggling to maintain my speed. If I see it revving like crazy to go 30mph, it must be fighting a headwind. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are great!!! I think that it is very dfficult to keep abt.50km/h... when it's windy day..
Thanks for your kind reply!!!
I have an adjustable throttle lock made out of a GoPro camera holder and an elastic band you can't accurately hold your throttle by your thumb over long distance runs very easily

Reactions: Lee SK

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic