Now that the new FAA laws have been proposed...

...The closures do not apply to the flight of unmanned aircraft in the airspace above a park if the device is launched, landed, and operated from or on lands and waters that are not administered by the NPS."
Okay - so just to be PAINFULLY and EXCRUCIATINGLY clear...

This woman is wrong at 14:40:

...because either the park regulation has been changed/amended in the last five months or she's simply mistaken.

Last edited:
Under the faa fly for fun page online, it lists a series of GUIDELINES for flying. Not rules or laws, but GUIDELINES

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

National parks are a no fly zone along with the Appalachian trail. In the white mountain national forest, I believe you are allowed to fly, but they get you by prohibiting landing and taking off inside the forest

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do a quick Google search of flying in national parks, I guarantee you can't. Many state and city parks also have regulations. Some counties even have regulations. All the regulations from non-FAA governments are where you can take off and land, FAA has rules over all airspace. So, for example, your local state park says it's a no fly zone, hypothetically you could take off and land outside of the state park and be ok.
You can not fly over national parks. They claim it disrupts the wildlife

So basically you can fly over a national parks airspace but must take off and land outside the boundaries Correct?

Until the FAA says you cannot fly over a national park, you are allowed to fly over it. If the park says no flying in their parks, they can only prohibit you from taking off and landing. Once you are in the air, you are in federal airspace.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl