No Rotor Spin

Reaction score
Hello,

I got a Phantom 3 Advanced for Christmas and am having a few issues.

A couple of questions:

My aircraft firmware (updated from MicroSD) version is:

This is the name of the file I downloaded and put straight onto MicroSD:
P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin

I downloaded it from the Phantom 3 ADVANCED section of DJI website but the fact the file is named P3S makes me think it is actually for the standard model?

I put the microSD back into phantom. The aircraft then went through the D-D-D-D procedure for 20mins and then went D-D-D to signify update was successful. When I put MircroSD back into laptop it also says it was successful.

My RC firmware (updated through DJI Go App) version is:

Is my RC firmware out of date? Should the version numbers match up?

My intelligent flight battery power button (the circular one) is solid red. The battery level indicators are all green. The power light is red regardless of whether the battery is inside the aircraft or not.

When I connect RC to aircraft it says everything is Ready to go and I have calibrated gimbal/IMU and compass. I have linked RC to aircraft. Plenty of satellites etc. “Ready to Go (GPS)”

The back LEDs on aircraft are flashing green.
The front LEDs on aircraft are solid red.
Front Gimbal small LED just above camera is solid green.

I am NOT able to take off using the RC controls. I dont want to press the auto take off button on the ipad as if it takes off I fear I cant get it to land if manual controls aren’t working.

So any ideas as to what I can do to fix this would be great. I have yet to make the rotors spin at all.

Thank you

Pull both stick inward and downward. But only do that on the ground! NEVER do that while in the air!

Thanks for your reply although I had sadly already tried doing that (CSC). Although maybe I wasn't holding them for long enough.

Are you able to tell me whether both my RC and aircraft are as up to date as possible? Or whether the battery power button being solid red whilst the battery level indicators are solid green is normal?

thanks

Yes all is upto date.

I believe you should view the DJI videos to learn more about your drone. Don't be in hurry to go out and fly.

If you are going g out, see that there is no building around and no trees nearby. Most of the accidents occur with buildings or trees.

Another precaution: when you take off, take it quickly manually to 10' or above. Raising the stick slowly might tilt the craft to one side and it might tip over damaging props. Take off from absolutely flat surface.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply although I had sadly already tried doing that (CSC). Although maybe I wasn't holding them for long enough.

Are you able to tell me whether both my RC and aircraft are as up to date as possible? Or whether the battery power button being solid red whilst the battery level indicators are solid green is normal?

thanks
I think you need to hold that stick position over three seconds. Or just touch the take off button and take it from there. It should gracefully hover in position. To land , slowly descend and hold left stick down for three seconds to shut motors off.

One thing you didn't mention was registering the drone with DJI. Have you done that? Doing so activates the bird and the motors won't start until you do.

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Hello,

I got a Phantom 3 Advanced for Christmas and am having a few issues.

#1. Yes P3A firmware is version 1.10.90, from P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin (it is the Advanced Version, agree P3S could be confusing)

#2. RC latest firmware is 1.8.0. So RC is up todate? Should the version numbers match up?
a: No they don't match up necessarily.

#3. My intelligent flight battery power button (the circular one) is solid red. The battery level indicators are all green. The power light is red regardless of whether the battery is inside the aircraft or not.
a: this is normal & correct battery light operation, all good.

#4. I am NOT able to take off using the RC controls.I have yet to make the rotors spin at all.
A: first read your manual & watch how to beginner videos on you tube & DJI how to videos from the DJI app. Really this is important - learn how to stop, shut-down BEFORE taking off - it may save injury and or damage. Then start motors without props on, using CSC - practice start up / shut down, then try with props on. Let us know how you go.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you very much to everyone for their replies. The drone is now all operational and have done a few flights successfully. The problem was I wasn't doing the CSC command correctly to start the motors.

Thanks again to this community.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl