No live video

Happy to report that replacing the wifi transmitter fixed my no FPV problem also. $179 from helipal, arrived in 2 days from Hong Kong
Will

4wd: It was quite easy. Open the shell. Disconnect 3 wires, 1 screw to remove. Disconnect ant. connections. Gently pull it off board (its mounted w/ 3m tape). Put the new 1 on, reconnect all cables. No soldering at all. There is a thread w/ step by step instructions.
Will
PS: Then you have to rebind it and scan in the QR code. Really easy.

4wd said:
https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/spares-finder/dji-phantom-spares/phantom-2-vision-plus/dji-phantom-2-vision-plus-wifi-signal-transmission-module.html

Installing this has fixed my telemetry but no live video issue.
About an hour to fit and rebind.
Flew it more than 1000 feet away this evening, and not the slightest glitch in FPV.

Yup. I sent mine back to DJI and got a replacement. The replacement works flawlessly for the video. Got out to 3300 ft today. Control and video both conked out about the same spot. Must be a bad batch of wifi transmitters that went out.

I have this issue too. Does not seem to be heat related. It happens randomly. Sometimes as soon as I start it up, other times after a few minutes of flying, and sometimes I will have video the whole 20+ minutes of the flight. Usually the video will freeze. If I then go to the main page or exit the app or change resolutions. When I go back in to the camera screen the video image will be black, but all telemetry data will work. If video is working and I change resolutions (higher or lower) will cause it to freeze. I only do 15fps, not 30fps to keep bandwidth lower. I don't think it has to do with memory or processing power as I'm using a Droid DNA. Using Task Killer, I kill all of the tasks before flight and I turn of sync.
Power cycling the app, transmitter, and/or WiFi Extender does not fix it. The only way I can get it to work is by power cycling the Phantom copter.

Obviously power cycling the Phantom does not change how hot it is nor does it change how much memory your phone app has. It is something in the copter itself. If it were heat related then it would only happen after it gets warm, but I can take from inside my house with AC on, fire it up and get no video right away. I can then power cycle it and it will get video and usually maintain video. If it loses video I can power cycle the Phantom again and it will work again. I temporarily upgraded from 3.04 to 3.06 and still same issue.

-Scott

Got the very same problem as described by Scott above. Such a shame DJI just ignores it. Could anyone confirm replacement of wi-fi module can sort exactly this problem out? Do I understand correctly we are playing roulette as there is no guarantee replaced module works correctly?

It seems a bit dubious with the variations which are working intermittently with no clear pattern.
If it failed after a few minutes as things warm up, that would sound like a suspect module.
The other hardware issue which might cause no video could be a bad cable or connector, a broken wire might get contact on and off giving very hard to pin down symptoms.

It's not a cheap part but changing it would rule out a likely cause, and at worst you'd have a spare for later. :?

jalpert said:
http://droneslinger.com/software.html

dkyacht said:
Guys where are you finding the 1.0.39 version to download?

Thanks Reynold, I hope they are close to a fix!

Dave

Ok, I went to the website, found the icon for Android v 1.0.39 app -- but how do I download it? If I click on it, it reloads the page with what looks like jibberish....

Sorry if I missed the answer to this in the last 17 pages!

Okay, so I found his thread after having issues with a severely dropped connection, which occurred after I had issues with the video freezing, almost from the get-go. I tried different version of the app, same issue, a loss of connection within 1 minute -- IF it found the connection. I also experienced a signal loss upon starting the motors.

I saw a thread from DDMSteve about replacing the wifi module in the phantom.... I ordered one from DDM (where else would I order from?).... installed it last night and my problems seem to be solved. I didn't do a test flight, but I carried it around my house and had to issues, great video preview, even at 30fps. I was also able to access the album section of the app -- which I had not previously been able to do. Being a newb, I wasn't concerned with previewing pics on my phone or sharing them....

I know the module is not cheap -- but I strongly recommend people consider replacing it if you have read this thread and had no success in correcting the issues described herein.

Has anyone tried using a different SD card? Might have been a fluke but I had the same problem on my standard vision. Thought I'd fixed it with a roll back of firmware but it came back. I gave up for a while but then got a hand full of different SD cards. I tried them all with no luck but the 4th one worked and issue has now gone? I think there may have been something on the contact inside the SD slot maybe? Anyway its worth a try if people have tried everything else.

Edit. Just to make sure I connected my iPhone instead of the nexus, still works and all firmware is the latest versions.... Maybe just a fluke but I guess it kinda rules out the burnt out component theory?

I finally received a replacement for my Phantom2 V+ and the live video works perfectly.

From day one the video would freeze up after a few minutes. After weeks of contacting support they replaced it with a new one.

YAHOO!! It works great.

TIP: If you can't contact support, contact the sales people. They will reply and contact support for you.

Second Tip: I tried cooling the P2 with ice packs and that seem to fix the problem for a few more minutes.

I replaced my wifi unit and STILL have cannot connect to camera. I wonder if it's the wifi extender? Can someone answer a quick question? Does the [system] LED on your extender flicker erratically? Mine does. Thanks.

If you cannot connect with your camera after the binding process you may have to return that bird.....I had to.....others have had to multiple times......it's a repeater problem...

mrfun said:
its kinda obvious to me that there may be lots of problems causing the loss of FPV. I've already sent mine to LA for repairs, but my problem was definitely temperature related. If you are in the middle of a project and can't take the time right now to send it back to get this defect fixed - buy a can of aeresol liquid nitrogen from Amazon for around $20. I have (had) a vision (nonplussed) - and my problem was solved by chilling the bottom of the camera (where I believe the wifi lives on the vision) to below 60 degrees - video works fine up to 640x480 at 15 frames - and stays working for the duration of most flights.

Probably won't work for anyone else - but worked for me for almost a month while I finished up my photography of a high rise demolition, in the summer, in South Carolina - and yes - a seven story building is a high rise in South Carolina.

I'm probably leaving this thread now - but I wanted to give a shout out to all the Australians on PhantomPilots. I love you guys - by far the least uptight folks on the forum. Fly right and bye for now.

MrFun

Yes i also got the temperature problem and then i bought a can of aeresol liquid nitrogen from Amazon. You did the right thing, love you to dude.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor