Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Myron Paterson

In photo editing programs like Lightroom and programs as Agisoft Photoscan , information related to my P4 photographs as the focal length of the lens and the pixel size of the sensor, do not appear.

Could anyone help ?

2. rockydog

The lens is equivalent to a 20mm lens on a 35mm format camera.....sensor is 12 Megapixels.

3. mmcbain

Myron:

As you may have realised, the "35mm-equivalent" value doesn't help you very much, because it is based on the relationship between the diagonal of a sensor and the focal length of the lens. I can tell you that the Phantom 4 's lens is roughly equivalent to a 150mm focal-length lens on an aerial camera taking 23 cm x 23 cm film, but that probably doesn't help much either. :cool:

The actual 'real' focal length of the Phantom 4 lens is 3.61 mm, and the field of view is 94 degrees. The sensor is a 1/2.3" with dimensions of 6.17 x 4.55 mm. If your software picks up EXIF values from the imagery, it will show a focal length of 3.61 mm. The sensor after cropping gives you an image area of 3992 x 2442 pixels, fairly close to the 4000x2500 advertised resolution. From those figures you can calculate the pixel size, if you still need to.

I have found it useful to know that, at a distance of 1 metre from the lens, the width of the zone covered [long axis] is 1.7 metres [pixel size at plane about 0.45 mm] and at 2 metres from the lens the zone is 3.4 metres wide and a pixel is about 0.85 mm wide].

Michael McBain
    Melbourne, Australia

Dirty Bird likes this.