No Image Transmission Signal

Reaction score
So I used my Phantom yesterday fine, put it away after one battery and went to go for a flight today and I get "No Image Transmission Signal", no picture on Ipad and no response from the gimbal wheel. It does it's dance on startup, but nothing after.

Everything worked fine up until today, it just occurred out of the blue, any ideas?

In the Overall Status section for Gimbal it states "Gimbal Disconnected"

I've experienced this too. I just go to usb connectivity settings and click the usb network settings to none. I hope it will help.. :)

Ipad restart didn't work unfortunately. Last night I deleted all my videos and pictures from the Go App, I did updates to some programs on my Ipad and to Litchi (which I've only ever used once) and that's it for changes to the Ipad since it worked last.

It's in the connectivity settings I think. I dont have an idea coz I use android phone.

I started looking at the camera cable and pushing on it and somehow (maybe related to the pushing) the camera connected and I made a successful flight. Leads me to believe I have either a semi-loose or faulty cable?

Looking at my gimbal cable where it enters into the motor I can see a split in the cable, see pic below, is this normal or the possible cause of my gimbal disconnect issue?

WIN_20160522_21_44_24_Pro.jpg

In the current photo, on the left side of the ribbon you can see a dark portion and that is where there are two separate pieces of ribbon. I'll try and capture a better picture soon.

Here is a better photo where you can clearly see the split. What do you guys think, normal or needing replacement and cause of my gimbal disconnect?
DSCF3429.JPG

As mentioned I've got my Image Transmission back after fiddling with the Gimbal cable and now I'm wondering if the split in the picture is what caused the issue or if the split is normal?

Excellent, thanks guys. I read in the Help section that other people have been experiencing the No Image Transmission Signal as well and they also had downloaded and installed Litchi just prior to the error, I had just updated Litchi before my error. Might be a link there possibly.

Thanks for the information on your gimbal ribbon cables, puts my mind at ease.

Hello Friends, I have experiencing this lately with my Phantom 3 Pro and my Phantm 4 also, what I do to ressolve it immediately is disconnecting the USB end from the remote controller and immediately connnect it back, it restores the image and the red banner saying "Weak Connection' or "Aircraft Disconnected" or "No Connection" is changed for a "Safe to Fly" and then I am able to fly, seeing it all in the screen. I hope you all can do this and get signal back
HOWEVER: This is getting me frustrated each time more, We should all send serious messages with these problems, to the DJI Store agents, to the DJI Support page in facebook to the Chats in the DJI website and everywhere we can to, in order to create conscience in DJI that there is a REAL connectivity problem in our drones and if is not fixed we will all return our drones back for money refund, Would it work? I believe that in the measure that everybody do it, DJI would take it seriosuly.......
PD, 2 days ago, I played drums with a band in a rural bar, before the show and between sets, I flew my drone but I experienced this again with my phantom 4 in an area where no cell phones signal, no electricity, neither regular phone lines, but I could not calibrate compass because of a strong interference signal in the place, so I moved far from the building and I was able to calibrate, the possible or sure cause, is that there was a lighting system commanded by a WiFi signal device and I think this was the cause of my interference, HOWEVER, DJI should design protection for these factors, right?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl