Nexus 7 2012 with p3?

Powder says he has 2nd gen which is 2013 model so maybe you can help him dig.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi. Can you please tell me exactly what you did. My nexus runs real bad Its deticated to dji go so whatever I got to do. I'll do
Update to the absolute latest android version and remove pretty much everything except Dji go. What issues are you having specifically?

Update to the absolute latest android version and remove pretty much everything except Dji go. What issues are you having specifically?
The video continuously cuts in and out. When it s actually on it lags and pixelates. I could of sworn that it worked quite well at one point. How do I unmistakable apps. I disable them?

I too am having problems with my new Nexus 7 [2013] running Android 6.0.1. I've had it about a week.

I'd like this to be a dedicated Phantom tablet using Litchi exclusively for my P2V.

It lags while loading maps - much slower than my cheap Korean tablet. But that's the least of my problems.

The first few flights I'd lose FPV when it shouldn't, but it would come back. But the Litchi app would also crash periodically. I realized it wasn't in airplane mode and so put it in airplane mode with wifi on. Now when I fly out on a distance run, I'll eventually lose the FPV and telemetry as expected, but when I turn around and get back into range, it won't reconnect. I'll fly it all the way home and land it in front of me and it refuses to reconnect. I have to exit the app and reload it, and then it will connect.

This tablet is loaded with apps - I count 41. Most of them came with the tablet. It also has a bunch of widgets. I will start uninstalling them.

I have some other ideas too, such as going into the setting/wifi app while in flight and trying to force connect on the phantom stream, but this wouldn't be exactly convenient while flying, and I don't even know if it will work.

I am loading the newest update (March 1, 2016) as I am typing this. Maybe that will help.

Any obvious advice, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I was never able to get a good fpv feed on my p2v. Especially on my nexus, although mine was 2012 version which is an awful tablet for flying. I just had to finally accept it. I'd rather get great clarity on my tiny iPhone screen than have a larger screen that just doesn't work well. I'm waiting for a really good tablet to get in the right price range.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Digdat0
Update. I'm returning my brand new Nexus 7 [2013].

After uninstalling several apps per the post above, I turned it off and then rebooted it to test it and it rebooted fine, showing me fewer apps. Perfect. I turned it off to test with a flight in the morning.

This morning I went to fly and the Nexus 7 would not boot up. It goes through the boot process and takes a long time. I get the colorful icons spinning around for a while. Then it shows a message that it is "Optimizing the apps 14 of 50." The 14 number increases until it gets to 50.
Next message it says "Starting apps"
Then I get the colorful icons spinning around again. It's rebooting.
Several mins pass. It goes back to the optimizing apps message, back to the spinning icons. And so on. It does this forever. Endless loop.

I tried to do a hard reset which I found on the web which would wipe out my personal data but I don't care because I don't have any personal data. I'm supposed to get a simple menu to begin the reset. Instead, it shows me an icon of a dead robot laying on the ground with the words "No command."

I tried some clever tech methods of hard resetting it from windows and the usb cable but I still get the dead robot with "No command."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl