Nexus 7 2012 with p3?

Reaction score
Tried to download DJI go app on the nexus 7 I was using for my p2 to use with my new p3a. It says not compatible. I could have sworn I saw other users here that were successfully running one with a p3. Any body help?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had to sideload on my Nexus 7. I have the 2.8.1 apk in my root folder, make sure to enable unknown/third party sources in the options.

Thanks everyone. It was a success! Only bad part now is how dang slow it is. Way more lag than my iPhone had. But again thanks to everyone for the help. Think I'll keep shoppin round for a better tablet. At least now I have 2 options!

Thanks everyone. It was a success! Only bad part now is how dang slow it is. Way more lag than my iPhone had. But again thanks to everyone for the help. Think I'll keep shoppin round for a better tablet. At least now I have 2 options
My nexus is dedicated to my phantom. It has four apps installed only: DJI Go, Litchi, a file explorer app and AZ Screen recorder. I have it set on airplane mode, but wifi enabled. I turned off auto updates. Other than when I run the screen recorder on hi-Rez, it's pretty fast. What all do ya have installed and running??

My nexus is dedicated to my phantom. It has four apps installed only: DJI Go, Litchi, a file explorer app and AZ Screen recorder. I have it set on airplane mode, but wifi enabled. I turned off auto updates. Other than when I run the screen recorder on hi-Rez, it's pretty fast. What all do ya have installed and running??
Dig, is your Nexus 7 "rooted"? I have one also, and am trying to minimalize it too. Mine is 2nd gen wi-fi ... and perfect so far for the P3P.

Dig, is your Nexus 7 "rooted"? I have one also, and am trying to minimalize it too. Mine is 2nd gen wi-fi ... and perfect so far for the P3P.
No its not, its just stock OS as I didn't have a need (the screen recorder works without root). If i were to use as a regular tablet, I would root it. I found that Android v4, v5 have terrible performance on the Nexus 7. You have to be up on Marshmallow 6.x in order to have DJI go work well. I did try adding more apps and it did slow down, i had to settle on just a few.

No its not, its just stock OS as I didn't have a need (the screen recorder works without root). If i were to use as a regular tablet, I would root it. I found that Android v4, v5 have terrible performance on the Nexus 7. You have to be up on Marshmallow 6.x in order to have DJI go work well. I did try adding more apps and it did slow down, i had to settle on just a few.

How do you get rid of all the apps you don't want?

i uninstalled like regular , then disabled auto-update. there are some OS apps i cant get rid of without root, so i stopped the services from running.

Understood. Will do and report back. Thanks again

Reactions: Digdat0
Just got thru with a test flight after uninstalling and/ forcing stop on all apps except DJI go. Still a good bit of lag and pixelation

Just got thru with a test flight after uninstalling and/ forcing stop on all apps except DJI go. Still a good bit of lag and pixelation
Hmmm ... what version of android do you have on it? have you tried a different cable? maybe post some screen caps of the memory, here's what some of mine look like so you have a comparison

YorHvV4.png

h0leXbL.png
:

6dsOBNj.png

Is yours the 2012 or 2013 version?

Don't worry bout it. I had already come to that conclusion lol

Thanks for the help though

Hi. I too have a Nexus 7 2nd gen. I can't get it to work right. Any luck yet??

Hi. Can you please tell me exactly what you did. My nexus runs real bad Its deticated to dji go so whatever I got to do. I'll do

Hi. Can you please tell me exactly what you did. My nexus runs real bad Its deticated to dji go so whatever I got to do. I'll do
as it turns out, i have the 2013 version and not 2012. not sure it will work well on the 2012 one :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31