Newbie - Am I confused or what?? FPV

Reaction score
I just purchased the phantom vision 2+ . I had an FC40 but was not happy with the camera and the fact of no gimbal.

I want to be able to see what I am filming and have the gimbal operational so that the video clips would not be affected by the phantom movement.

So, now I am reading the manual and it says that there are two modes..Video and FPV. In Video mode It says the gimbal will stabilize along 3 axial (but it does not say you can see what you are capturing).

It then says in the second mode, FPV, the gimbal will lock to the movements of the phantom.

I want the gimbal to be active so the horizon, etc. stay level, but want to see what I am filming and be able to adjust the camera. Can I do that?? I hope so.

Before anyone jumps on me, I have read the manual. Haven't had the opportunity to do any test flights due to weather.

Thanks for your help.

Normal mode, gimbal stabalizes, with horizon, you can get live video feed and record.

FPV mode, gimbal will not stabalize with horizon, yoi can get live video feed and record.

FPV mode also available with the zenmuse gimbal.

:D Actually, it's a great question.
I'm fpv, no issues.

Do some tests :)

Go in the DJI App on your phone. Settings > FPV Mode >
Checked will lock it the phantoms movements.
Unchecked will lock it to the horizon.

FPV mode is stabilized on just two axes instead of three. The roll axis is not stabilized. The video will still be stable for the most part, however the exclusion of roll stabilization makes it easier to judge the true attitude of the Phantom as you use lateral right stick ("aileron"). They call it "FPV" mode because it more closely resembles what you'd see from an airplane, which is where FPV started.

Thanks for your responses. I see in the app the FPV option. I think that is exactly what I was looking for. Uncheck and I am good to go.

One other question. I just charged all the batteries, turned on controller, turned on wifi extender, powered up drone. The camera adjusts momentarily to horizontal then after about 2 seconds just drops down to facing almost vertical. Is that normal?? Do I have to have the app connected for its correct operation?

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl