New version next week!

No way will DJI change the specs on the camera in the advanced. If it did it would lessen the desire for someone to purchase the higher priced Professional.

Reactions: JohnK
No no... please no more D_D_D_D_D_D_D_D at least for a month .... :eek:
I need 75 min each update ....:mad:

2 app updates in a weeks time? Come on DJI, this isn't a 5 min. Process. Get your act together for God sakes! If this is a hoax disregard my opening statement.

OP says it's an app update. Your app updates take a long time? Mine on WiFi at home is like 30 seconds.

Reactions: III% Streve
No way.....my update took the full 25 min. To load it onto the craft.....then another 10 to load it onto the TX. Plus it knocked off some settings, PLUS the cooled down IMU reset/ cal. Then the compass adj. not a simple process to say the least....So 2 updates in a weeks time would be plain stupid IMO unless it was directly related to a firmware issue that could cause a crash etc. I am a bit disappointed in that the promised big upgrade is no where to be found. The app with a new name is 90% or more like the one it replaced....

I'm sure the third party apps will come to the rescue at some point....

OP says it's an app update. Your app updates take a long time? Mine on WiFi at home is like 30 seconds.

Funny. the 45 estimated minutes of "work" required for one update i reality too a grand total of MAYBE 45 seconds. The rest of that time was spent here reading and posting stuff most likely. So if there were 4 a DAY, would it genuinely change a persons day significantly? Na! Only if that person was wanting to fly and couldnt.

No way.....my update took the full 25 min. To load it onto the craft.....then another 10 to load it onto the TX. Plus it knocked off some settings, PLUS the cooled down IMU reset/ cal. Then the compass adj. not a simple process to say the least....So 2 updates in a weeks time would be plain stupid IMO unless it was directly related to a firmware issue that could cause a crash etc. I am a bit disappointed in that the promised big upgrade is no where to be found. The app with a new name is 90% or more like the one it replaced....

I'm sure the third party apps will come to the rescue at some point....
That's firmware, not Pilot or Go app for iOS or Android.

Reactions: MattRCGeeks
I'm pretty sure he knows..... DJI dev site just posted this:

Hi, Everyone:

There is a firmware release in our official public website: www.dji.com for both Phantom 3(Including Professional/Advanced) and Inspire 1. Followed by our latest App "DJI GO". However, this firmware is not for the developers. As a developer, please do not upgrade the firmware to the latest public firmware 1.3.0 or you won't roll back to the Dev firmware again.
Unfortunately, if you have already updated the firmware, don't be nervous. Our latest firmware and SDK for the latest Ground Station is about to release. Then you could upgrade back to the Dev firmware again. Still as a developer, we strongly recommend you update the firmware only from the DEV website(dev.dji.com).

Best Regards.
Alex

Hey @C0ps, really good info you are providing us. Last time you were spot on for the date of new firmware release. Are you still providing reliable info this time. There is a guy who started his thread on new updates are going to be released in the next two week, said he even talked to DJI guys and insisted that you are lying LOL ;)
P/S: I am not a fan for any new updates for now, just want to confirm on the more reliable source. Please don't get me wrong:)

Any more news on this?

you've been pretty spot on with your predictions - new version still coming this week?

I'm going to go for the 11th or the 13th
The last one was the 17th that hit the play-store before the DJI site, DJI put it up the next morning on the download site.
SO Firmware seems to hit on Even Numbered Months, and APPS hit on ODD number days.

SO As I post it is 8:20am in China, they seem to dump the stuff at the end of the day, so our time in the USA would be the 11th tomorrow.

SO Number 8 goes into 17 twice, leaving 1 and 1 plus 10 equals 11 then take into consideration they screwed up with the last release by a half a day our time. That would make it 11 tomorrow for the release. So being June 17 was a Friday release of the last APP and DJI put it up on a Saturday Then 2 days from the 13th would make it Tuesday the 11th.:p:D

Done!
smily.jpg

Last edited:
Still a chance for today it's only 3
I'm going to go for the 11th or the 13th
The last one was the 17th that hit the play-store before the DJI site, DJI put it up the next morning on the download site.
SO Firmware seems to hit on Even Numbered Months, and APPS hit on ODD number days.

SO As I post it is 8:20am in China, they seem to dump the stuff at the end of the day, so our time in the USA would be the 11th tomorrow.

SO Number 8 goes into 17 twice, leaving 1 and 1 plus 10 equals 11 then take into consideration they screwed up with the last release by a half a day our time. That would make it 11 tomorrow for the release. So being June 17 was a Friday release of the last APP and DJI put it up on a Saturday Then 2 days from the 13th would make it Tuesday the 11th.:p:D

Done!
View attachment 27149

My math was correct..

OK. So, Android 2.0 app released today. Do we still really think another update with firmware will come out tomorrow or this week?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl