New to the air

Stuart,
Well hey by the way, welcome to the forum, if you are on an iOS device, download the new forum app. ;-)
Yeah, even though some videos aren't specific for the Phantom 3, still are quite explanatory in explaining similar functions and how to access them. That one was helpful For what you are discovering, the hard way, sorry about that...
The thousands of Phantom owners around the world, & in many languages, continue to create better and better videos. That give much deeper incite than the cold straight facts of the manual. You would benefit much, like I continue doing, to watch many more videos and become completely at ease with the functionality of your awesome new Phantom.
They are the bomb. Sadly these and many other owner operator manuals because of being translated from Chinese or other 'foreign' (I hate using that word) languages to English, like all things leaves a bit to be desired.

I watched another video just a while ago myself and was surprised at some of the inner workings and how to access these parameters.

Yes, please Check this one out; follow along with YOUR app.

RedHotPoker

You may find these helpful in the future
Starting the Motors

A Combination Stick Command (CSC) is needed to start the motors.

Phantom 3 wiki are very helpful
Scroll to the very bottom of either of these pages, for which ever model you own,
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_3_Advanced
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phantom_3_Professional

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/File:Stopping_motors1.png

Apparently there was an error about CSC and stopping motors, that was a carry over method from the Phantom 2, somebody boo booed and didn't delete that portion off of their new updated instruction menu for the Phantom 3.
That's a mistake others have also discovered.
So don't feel too bad about it.

I flew a Phantom 2 at the DJI First Pilot Experience, on April 25th, and that's how we shut those down, landing first, throttle down then both sticks lowered towards the centre.

RedHotPoker

Nice one cheers, bloody manual says both sticks diagonally down to the middle, same as starting it

The manual lists options: left stick all the way back after stopping vertical movement or the CSC move. The best practice to prevent the kind of tip-overs described in this thread is the left stick all the way back.

As others have suggested, reading the manual a lot before flying is a great idea. Additionally, reading many threads on this site going back several weeks will give you tons of tips based on other's experience. There is a lot of community knowledge here!

Chris

Does anyone know a faster way to download videos onto ya iPhone? Mine is agonisingly slow, is this the norm or am I doing something wrong?

It's fastest to remove the SD card, read it on your computer and transfer whatever you want to keep back to your photo roll on your phone. The in-app transfer is really slow for everyone.

Chris

RedHotPoker great demonstration of the pilot app... Thank you for posting it. I've flown for some time and tweaked features and your video revealed a few more hidden buttons.. Thanks again

Hi Gary,
Not My video, just one of several I found that explained things in easy plain language. But thanks for saying it was helpful for you. Some vids are quite technical, as if they expect us to know all about those parameters already, as if we all graduated from previous models. The Phantom 3 is my first from DJI so I had to start at the beginning and work my way through it all.
Every time I would buy a new model, the Owner Manual has been my BFF.
The manual for the Phantom 3 is very basic, and leaves out plenty of important data. If I had been flying these for a couple years, I would not need a thick detailed manual. But thankfully we are fortunate to have knowledgeable people here that are very helpful, and will guide you through the roadblocks and get you going in the correct direction.
Please post some pics, when ever you can. Thanks.

RedHotPoker

You will find catch landing is much much safer. It is easier with 2 people but possible with one. Just bring it to a hover just above head height. Grab one skid. Then left stick down and hold it there for a few seconds until the motors stop. I was scared the first time but I ALWAYS do it now.

Can anyone help?, I'm having issues with landing, well not the landing part it's the cutting the engine part, I keep ending up with it either shuffling backward or as just happened it turned over onto its back????? Now a bit nervous to land the bloody thing
Just for clarity
Just pull the left hand stick down to 6 o'clock once grounded to cut the motors.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl