New to flying ! Help!

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any tips and how to for flying far for good footage but maintaining safety? I'm always afraid I'm going to loose control of it or it just falling out of the sky lol.

Phantom rarely fall out of the sky on their own. That scenario usually involves some type of pilot error. You can find a list of top pilots errors here. If you are mindful of those things, you'll be in good shape.

Thanks Mr Singer

thumbs up 3.gif

Last edited:
Best thing to do is test your skills in a large open area. Then work your way out to build confidence. I personally don't like flying out too far because of all the 'what ifs', but as mentioned normally these things only fail when us as pilots do something stupid.

The farther you fly away, the the more altitude you need to keep your signal strong. That means keeping a good line of sight. As long as you did all you preflight procedures. All should go well.

Practice flying until your comfortable up close then keep moving out farther. When you can fly at half or more of your max distance without getting nervous and sweaty you'll be ready to start reading the "HELP, my drone fell out of the sky" threads.

Don't read any of those before or you'll never fly beyond arms reach. [emoji6]

Also ! Today I was practicing flying in my local park and it was very open and in the middle of houses though... Question is, as I was flying I had 12GPS signal and strong remote signal then out once I hit 150ft high in some spots and then even 90ft in others the remote signal would be lost and my drone was sent to home, eventually as it got closer I just started flying again, but my question is why did I keep loosing remote signal randomly?
When I fly by my house or when I was flying at my grandparents house I was able to go 200-250ft high and about 300feet distance and not an issue with any signal...

You're from Laguna correct? Lots of WiFi from everyone there. I found that my P3S has range issues at times and can be quite normal for them.
I usually fly out over the ocean in DP and get my best range there.
Might want to try the trails around TOTW

Reactions: Zoomonster17
You're from Laguna correct? Lots of WiFi from everyone there. I found that my P3S has range issues at times and can be quite normal for them.
I usually fly out over the ocean in DP and get my best range there.
Might want to try the trails around TOTW
Well I'm from riverside. But I travel to Laguna and Dana Point beach often. Good tips. Thank you. Is there something I can get to help strengthen the wifi on my remote?

What do is your preflight procedures?
Sorry I didn't get back to. I have been driving to Florida. On the DJI app. tutorial for beginners is what I'm talking about. Make sure drone is in good flying condition and everything is calibrated in short. Also home is set! I can see you are doing that or it would have flown away by now. Lol

Reactions: Zoomonster17
Sorry I didn't get back to. I have been driving to Florida. On the DJI app. tutorial for beginners is what I'm talking about. Make sure drone is in good flying condition and everything is calibrated in short. Also home is set! I can see you are doing that or it would have flown away by now. Lol
Haha okay thank you ! And very exciting to drive to florida! I was planning that trip not long ago to move out there but it got canceled. Safe travels !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl