New to Drones and thinking about Range Extender

So the manual says 2.4 is video downlink, and 5.8 for aircraft transmission; I don't care much about video as I keep it running when I start, but RANGE-WISE, I only need a 5.8, yeah?

If you just want to extend the control range then yes, just one 5.8 amp is fine. But this may not be that useful. Without video you would need to keep the drone in sight, and it's difficult to keep the drone in sight when it's more than a few hundred feet away - which should be within the control range of the stock RC.

-Adrian

I looked on ebay and saw a Range extender that was a ARG Tek for my DJI Phantom 3 Standard and I'm not sure if its worth it ? I also saw a Parabolic one that hooks to the antenna not to sure if that will add as much range as Im looking for ? If anyone has any of these I would like some input on them Thank You ....
Heres my 2 cents. I bought the dual boosted setup along with the dual battery mod from Paul Shaffer from FPVCustoms, VERY pricey but you get what you pay for. I have had my P3s out to 3.5 miles without ANY loss in signal!!!! Video included. You buy cheap stuff you get cheap stuff results

I have heard so many people talking about argteck with amps that I decided to give it a whirl.
I looked up the amps (SUNHANS) recommended here and on other sites, but they are NOT cheap.
Then, I looked around some and found a brand called SINMAX. They have similar specs and only cost about half as much. I also used only one 2.4 amp, since the RC supposedly uses the one with the best signal. The result?
I can fly twice as far before the trees interfere, with great signal all the way. As an extra benefit, I see hardly any idiot messages on screen about interference.
The total cost was under $79.

You might consider buying a used controller on eBay and linking it to your AC. Then mod the used RC. That way you don't mess up the original RC and if you have to send everything in, there's nothing for them to frown about...
That's what I did. Got one cheep on ebay from a guy that totaled his AC. Now I have it modified with 2.4 and 5.8 amps.

I have heard so many people talking about argteck with amps that I decided to give it a whirl.
I looked up the amps (SUNHANS) recommended here and on other sites, but they are NOT cheap.
Then, I looked around some and found a brand called SINMAX. They have similar specs and only cost about half as much. I also used only one 2.4 amp, since the RC supposedly uses the one with the best signal. The result?
I can fly twice as far before the trees interfere, with great signal all the way. As an extra benefit, I see hardly any idiot messages on screen about interference.
The total cost was under $79.
I have a new never used in original box 2.4 SunHans single port in and out if someone wants it $60.

For my SINMAX 2.4 amp, I paid $24 at Amazon. I only bought one, but I may go back and get another soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl