New Solution for floppy Windsurfers ... ?

Reaction score
I recently picked a pair of the copper BTG Windsurfer style of antenna range extenders. One of the continual complaints was that they were a bit on the heavy side causing the stock antennae that they attached to slop and flop around on the RC.

I'm posting a pic of a working prototype that I put together with a small piece of velcro, a modified popsicle stick and some white model paint. This as I've said is just a prototype. Once my Replicator 2 v2. 3D printer arrives later this summer, I will prototype again using that. Comments welcome.

[file]WindSurer Mod|none|Working Prototype ... [/file]

Reactions: Digdat0
Go fly some distance and get yourself a little adrenalin rush and have fun.

I put a set of skyreat windsurfer panels on p3p. They are two separate panels that goes on each antennae. They did flop around. Solution was a piece of scotch tape across the top of panels. Have not moved and antennas are kept parallel since installed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

images.jpg

I've bought these myself after contemplating the folding clamshell ones and found this exact same problem not the end of the world but if there was a solution to curing the flop then I'd be interested, other than than that for £5.99 I'm well impressed, the picture shows something I came across a few weeks back that looks like it'll work, don't know how happy DJI would be with someone copying their logo but hey how!

Keep us posted

Last edited:
I have a Google sketch up design I made for this reason I will upload it when I get to work Monday .. I had to file the holes out a little but you can make it a little better before printing it again

I have a Google sketch up design I made for this reason I will upload it when I get to work Monday .. I had to file the holes out a little but you can make it a little better before printing it again
Still looking for that Sketchup file. Do you have it?

Thanks ..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl