Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Solution for floppy Windsurfers ... ?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Avocet, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Avocet

I recently picked a pair of the copper BTG Windsurfer style of antenna range extenders. One of the continual complaints was that they were a bit on the heavy side causing the stock antennae that they attached to slop and flop around on the RC.

I'm posting a pic of a working prototype that I put together with a small piece of velcro, a modified popsicle stick and some white model paint. This as I've said is just a prototype. Once my Replicator 2 v2. 3D printer arrives later this summer, I will prototype again using that. Comments welcome.

[file]WindSurer Mod|none|Working Prototype ... [/file]

Digdat0 likes this.
  2. flyNfrank

Go fly some distance and get yourself a little adrenalin rush and have fun.

Avocet, Blue Bird and Digdat0 like this.
  3. ROD PAINTER

I put a set of skyreat windsurfer panels on p3p. They are two separate panels that goes on each antennae. They did flop around. Solution was a piece of scotch tape across the top of panels. Have not moved and antennas are kept parallel since installed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4. Doink

images.jpg
    I've bought these myself after contemplating the folding clamshell ones and found this exact same problem not the end of the world but if there was a solution to curing the flop then I'd be interested, other than than that for £5.99 I'm well impressed, the picture shows something I came across a few weeks back that looks like it'll work, don't know how happy DJI would be with someone copying their logo but hey how!

Keep us posted

#4 Doink, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  5. henick

I have a Google sketch up design I made for this reason I will upload it when I get to work Monday .. I had to file the holes out a little but you can make it a little better before printing it again

6. Avocet

Still looking for that Sketchup file. Do you have it?

Thanks ..