New quieter blades

Last edited:
I am very curious why the new props are not just as quiet on a P4P.
The 9455S propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Phantom 4 series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing. Noise reduction is also enhanced when used with the Phantom 4 Pro, but not as much.

As they are hardly any quieter on the P4 Vr 2.0 I would not worry to much about them on the pro. Noise difference IMO is very minimal between a P4 Pro with original props and P4 Pro Vr2.0 with new props.

Paul C

Comparing the P4 Pro with standard props to P4 Pro Vr 2.0 with "quieter" props, the only real difference I hear, is the whine is no longer there. With the P4 Pro, I have always noticed a whine to the sound, that just seems to be more pronounced.

I can easily hear my P4 Pro vr 2.0 out a 1500 to 2000 feet and 350 feet up. MP2, or MPP, is totally different, barely noticeable by 400 feet out.

BTW, there was a big difference between noise in the original MP and MPP. Enough that I quickly sold my MP. I had hoped that with the P4 Vr 2.0 the same differences would be available, but it's not. Phantoms are loud period.

Sadly, IMO the camera in the MP2 just can't equal the P4 Pro, even though both have 20MP sensors, I just don't see the same optical quality from the MP2. Much more fall off towards the edges. Might be a quality issue as I purchased mine early in the life cycle, but now have 2 and both are just not as sharp overall as my P4 Vr 2.0. But the Mavic series are still a joy to fly. Amazingly stable. I put up with all the yawing issues and stability issues with the P4 Pro Vr 2.0 due to the quality of the camera. (for stills).

Paul C

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor