New Phantom 4 Pro/Firmware Updating Problem

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro and have run into some problem updating its firmware.

I had both the flight battery and the RC completely charged and first activated the aircraft.

Then, I went on the DJI Go App and it indicated an update to its firmware was required.

Update: V 01.05.0600 87.8 MB

I connected my iPhone 8 to the Phantom and started the firmware update.
Everything proceeded smoothly.
The updating process got to 99% and stopped.

I left it connected at 99% for half an hour.
Nothing changed.

The exact same thing happened to my Phantom 4 a year ago.

At that time, I called DJI and they attempted to troubleshoot it with me but the problem persisted.

They asked me to send it to them via UPS.

I did and they told me it was ' deemed to be unrepairable ' and they sent me a new one and it has worked perfectly since I got it.

Now....... with my Phantom 4 Pro, I have the same problem.

Anyone out there with any ideas to help me?

Or, am I likely to have to send this one back to DJI too?

What happens when you restart the drone when updating stops,pointless leaving it going for long time periods,it will cause some heat,what's your method of updating with the app or sd card or with assistant 2 on computer,,,,I do all mine just with OTG cable adapter and the app ,,usb from device into drone,,I have always update this way,

I will try to update the firmware again today.
If it stops the process at 99% again, I will contact DJI on Monday and see what they say.

I do know they did have some problems with some P4s and some P4Ps dealing with the firmware updating.

A year ago, when I first experienced this problem with my P4, it was sent to DJI in California.
They looked at it and then told me that ' it was deemed to be unrepairable' and they sent me a new one.

My P4 has worked perfectly ever since.

My P4P may have to be returned to DJI.........

Same thing happened to me on Oct. 8. Did Firmware update in the field because of that notice.
And then the Shutter/Aperture/iso wheel started jumping over 1 stop for each click.
I thought my controller was screwing up.

Same thing happened to me on Oct. 8. Did Firmware update in the field because of that notice.
And then the Shutter/Aperture/iso wheel started jumping over 1 stop for each click.
I thought my controller was screwing up.

Oops. Answering wrong post.

I will try to update the firmware again today.
If it stops the process at 99% again, I will contact DJI on Monday and see what they say.
It looks like you are trying to update through the app.
What happens if you try using DJI Assistant 2 and connecting the drone to your computer via a cable?
Can you update and/or reset that way?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart