New owner w/newbie questions

Reaction score
I just purchased my P3 and all I can say is BAD-***!!! I haven't even flown it yet and I can't get the smile off my face!!! lol

I do have a few newbie questions thought. I live right next to a small airport and am in a no-fly zone. My entire neighborhood is unfortunately. I thought I would be able to get some practice in with the Flight Simulator in the GO App, but I've been reading that since I'm in a NFZ, I won't even be able to do that. Is there any workaround for the simulator?

My second question is regarding the NFZ also.... am I able to change any of the settings even though I can't fly it at the time? I assume I can change the camera settings, but have been reading that there are a lot of other settings that I need to tweak.

The app seems to have alot to it and I have a TON to learn. Where's the best place to start? I'm VERY new to this type of thing and the last thing I want to do is crash it.

TIA!!

I just purchased my P3 and all I can say is BAD-***!!! I haven't even flown it yet and I can't get the smile off my face!!! lol

I do have a few newbie questions thought. I live right next to a small airport and am in a no-fly zone. My entire neighborhood is unfortunately. I thought I would be able to get some practice in with the Flight Simulator in the GO App, but I've been reading that since I'm in a NFZ, I won't even be able to do that. Is there any workaround for the simulator?

My second question is regarding the NFZ also.... am I able to change any of the settings even though I can't fly it at the time? I assume I can change the camera settings, but have been reading that there are a lot of other settings that I need to tweak.

The app seems to have alot to it and I have a TON to learn. Where's the best place to start? I'm VERY new to this type of thing and the last thing I want to do is crash it.

TIA!!
I haven't even tried to turn mine on in a no fly zone-- so I cant help you there.

I didn't even realize I was in a NFZ until I turned mine on in the back yard..... I was really bummed out about it!!
I can imagine-- what happened when you turned it on, did it disconnect or show an error message?

You don't wanna fly around in neighborhoods anyway. That's how newbies crash and lose their drone the first week :) you need to go to a big huge field or open space park. Something with 5 acres or more. You really don't want to destroy your new toy because you didn't feel like driving 10min away :)

You don't wanna fly around in neighborhoods anyway. That's how newbies crash and lose their drone the first week :) you need to go to a big huge field or open space park. Something with 5 acres or more. You really don't want to destroy your new toy because you didn't feel like driving 10min away :)

I use "neighborhood" loosely.... I have a fairly large field behind my house that I was going to use. My intention was to keep it low and just do some basic stuff to get used to the controls.

I can imagine-- what happened when you turned it on, did it disconnect or show an error message?
The app connected and I had everything show up, but when I went to take off, it wouldn't. Gave a message that said I was in a No Fly Zone and the map was all red.

The app connected and I had everything show up, but when I went to take off, it wouldn't. Gave a message that said I was in a No Fly Zone and the map was all red.
Thanks! :)

UPDATE: The simulator DOES work in a No Fly Zone! Apparently that was changed in the last update. I can confirm.

Question about the simulator. Am I able to change the perspective or the surroundings? It just shows an empty field. It would be nice to be able to change and see first person in the simulator.

Ive had mine for about a month now - and you quickly realise the best flights you do are where there are few people around and diverse landscape. Looking down over your street all the time is a bit tedious so use it as an excuse to explore places around you. Fly around a park or empty field to get used to it, the simulator will only teach you so much. take off and land manually a few times, i now use the home button but know how to take over and land myself if I need to. Getting very confident with it now and a lot safer than the few few fly arounds once you realise what you can hit above and below you if things go wrong. Just reed through posts here and most people ask and answer the same sort of questions your have.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl