New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

Eran,
Great site, good work!

Some issues/recommendations:
1. Saw a map error. The location of the path over the satellite map was offset by about 20 meters. It was correct on the regular map. Could be google as it did not happen in all uploads.
2. You are considering 11 gps satellites or below to be poor. We used to fly P2V+ with 6 satellites. Maybe the range needs to be reevaluated. It is true that with GLONASS added, 11 would be the equivalent of one of the systems having 5 or less, but this is why we have 2 GPS systems now. I believe that we should use: less than 6 is critical; 6-8 is poor; 9-11 is fair; 12-15 good; 16+ excellent
3. A note exists about battery flight time, that it does not take into consideration winds and hence could be lower, but the opposite is also true. My battery shows more than 28 minutes because it was subject to strong winds in ATTI mode. Same about miles per battery. My numbers are close to zero because I do a lot of hovering. In other words the data is interesting but could be misinterpreted. Maybe more explanations are needed or could be recalculated without hover times and without winds ? Tough...

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Skylark
Ditto the good work!

I am building a spreadsheet on your work from data on the flights I have undertaken. I thought it would be a good idea to see the history at one glance.

A couple of points have already emerged:

1) on 2 occasions, 2 consecutive flights using the same battery shows takeoff % of second flight higher than that landing % of the first flight. How could this be possible?
2) cell #2 of one of my batteries shows deviations that exceed your cutoff limit on an earlier flight and then no longer shows such deviations in later flights. Odd?

Cheers!

Guys, am I missing a way to see cell voltages even if the battery shows "no major deviations were found."

It just gets better and better.

One more question: Yesterday after a long flight in very windy conditions, I switched to ATTI mode to practice some ATTI mode landings in the wind. The sensors section are reporting loss of GPS satellites for that period. Are you able to detect from the logs whether the switch to ATTI mode was done manually, and then not report them as exceptions?
Thanks Erroll. Interesting - could you please PM me the flight number where you saw this happening? I will take a look.

Eran,
Great site, good work!

Some issues/recommendations:
1. Saw a map error. The location of the path over the satellite map was offset by about 20 meters. It was correct on the regular map. Could be google as it did not happen in all uploads.
2. You are considering 11 gps satellites or below to be poor. We used to fly P2V+ with 6 satellites. Maybe the range needs to be reevaluated. It is true that with GLONASS added, 11 would be the equivalent of one of the systems having 5 or less, but this is why we have 2 GPS systems now. I believe that we should use: less than 6 is critical; 6-8 is poor; 9-11 is fair; 12-15 good; 16+ excellent
3. A note exists about battery flight time, that it does not take into consideration winds and hence could be lower, but the opposite is also true. My battery shows more than 28 minutes because it was subject to strong winds in ATTI mode. Same about miles per battery. My numbers are close to zero because I do a lot of hovering. In other words the data is interesting but could be misinterpreted. Maybe more explanations are needed or could be recalculated without hover times and without winds ? Tough...

Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
1 - Map error: if you are zoomed in, and the map is at 45 degrees (it happens automatically), it will look like it's off. Try to disable the 45' angle in the map (the option is at the top right of the map) and see if it helps
2 - GPS - yes, I've been getting the same feedback from others and I agree - I will adjust the ranges there. Thanks for the numbers - it is very helpful.
3 - Good suggestions - I plan on adding a few more control analysis pages so it may fit there. How long was your flight where you got 28 minutes per battery? was it fairly short or a long one? can you please PM me the link to that flight?

Thanks for the great detailed suggestions!

Thanks Erroll. Interesting - could you please PM me the flight number where you saw this happening? I will take a look.

PM sent (I think).

Ditto the good work!

I am building a spreadsheet on your work from data on the flights I have undertaken. I thought it would be a good idea to see the history at one glance.

A couple of points have already emerged:

1) on 2 occasions, 2 consecutive flights using the same battery shows takeoff % of second flight higher than that landing % of the first flight. How could this be possible?
2) cell #2 of one of my batteries shows deviations that exceed your cutoff limit on an earlier flight and then no longer shows such deviations in later flights. Odd?

Cheers!
Thanks!

1) Interesting. How far these values were? Basically, when you take the load off a battery - you will see the voltage increase. You can try it by taking off, switching your tablet screen to view the batteries, then land - you will see how the voltage goes up. So with temperature changes (cooling down) and some rest I guess the % can be slightly higher.
2) Yes, it's possible and fairly common for a small number to go away (and come back in the future). If you only had a couple of major deviations then I wouldn't worry about it too much, and would just continue to monitor it.

Guys, am I missing a way to see cell voltages even if the battery shows "no major deviations were found."
No - you are not missing it :) it's on my to do list to show an animation of the drain process. Stay tuned!

As I understand it, you are using the battery for two consecutive flights with a rest period in between. If that is the case, I think LiPo batteries show a slight increase in voltage after a rest period. (I believe it is due to the cooling of the battery.) Unless your battery is showing a significantly larger voltage at the start of the second flight than the end of the first, you may be able to write off the difference to the rest period.

Reactions: bobmyers
No - you are not missing it :) it's on my to do list to show an animation of the drain process. Stay tuned!
Outstanding. Thanks sir. Don't forget to add the donation button as well.

Eran ... I have the fpv p3 app for ios and it is an informative app in flight since it has a numeric not bars signal, in this app we could save the flight logs but in a csv format to open it in an excel like app, any chance to dig it and maybe could you being able to tranfer it to a txt format that could be read by your site ??? Thanks Eran keep your great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eran ... I have the fpv p3 app for ios and it is an informative app in flight since it has a numeric not bars signal, in this app we could save the flight logs but in a csv format to open it in an excel like app, any chance to dig it and maybe could you being able to tranfer it to a txt format that could be read by your site ??? Thanks Eran keep your great work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got a similar request for the Litchi log files. Yes, it's possible (without having to convert the CSV files first) but I need to check if all the required fields are in place. I'll add the fpv p3 app to my list.

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
I have one battery that has had issues on just one cell on two flights. Lots of deviations. Should I be taking it back to where I purchased it? I probably have about 50 flights over two batteries.

I have one battery that has had issues on just one cell on two flights. Lots of deviations. Should I be taking it back to where I purchased it? I probably have about 50 flights over two batteries.

Check my post at 223 of this thread. I had the same problem. I contacted DJI support in LA. They issued a RMA and provided free shipping. I received notice that it had been received by DJI. I am waiting for a final disposition. I would suggest you do the same.

Reactions: MarkEngland
I'm happy to report than in less than 10 days total from my first inquiry until today's response, DJI received my battery, analyzed it, found a defective cell and will be sending me a new replacement at no cost to me. Great turnaround thanks to DJI LA !

Very special thanks to Eran Steiner and his HealthyDrones analysis program. Without your fantastic work, I would never had seen the abnormality.

Reactions: Jbundy63 and Oso
I'm happy to report than in less than 10 days total from my first inquiry until today's response, DJI received my battery, analyzed it, found a defective cell and will be sending me a new replacement at no cost to me. Great turnaround thanks to DJI LA !

Very special thanks to Eran Steiner and his HealthyDrones analysis program. Without your fantastic work, I would never had seen the abnormality.
That's fantastic news - I'm glad things worked out!

New stuff from today:
  • The sharing feature is now online!
    • Choose what you want to share
    • Enable a visits counter to know how many people viewed it
    • Maps can be shared as static images to provide significantly more privacy
  • Added 'home distance' to all relevant pages to show how far the aircraft was when something happened
  • Feet/Meter fixes in all pages to show the right values based on your choice (both on maps as well as in the tables)
  • Metric/Imperial settings will now be saved between sessions
  • GPS data analysis and map are improved
Please let me know what you think!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT