New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

ok, looking at my log file said i lost signal for 6.5 secs today.
Nothing was apparent when flying.

Does it really mean lost, rather than fair ?
Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 18.45.58.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 18.47.27.png

What a great site! You are full of information! Thanks!
Well, there's actually not much there, yet lol! So go submit some drone links!!! It's a community type thang........... we all submit links to drone-related resources and wind up with a very good database of drone websites. :cool:

Reactions: bobmyers
ok, looking at my log file said i lost signal for 6.5 secs today.
Nothing was apparent when flying.

Does it really mean lost, rather than fair ?View attachment 30133

View attachment 30134
Hi Robin,

This means that the remote did not get data from the aircraft for 6.5 seconds - so the control downlink had issues. It is entirely possible that you were still able to control it with the remote and get video during that time, it's just an indication that this area may have a higher risk of interference in the future.

Hi Eran,

+1 from me too! Just registered and uploaded my most recent (trial) flights. Very informative and helpful information provided. Many thanks for the hard work and sharing it with everyone.

Barry

Hi Eran,
Yes your site is a great step. I had uploaded several files and the information I get was very helpful to understand where and when strange things happen. That help a lot to get the WHY it happen and help us a lot to better anticipate to problem.
But (there is always a but ;), I had recently a real "catch by the wind". I lost the video and then the RC link too and it disappear behind some hill. I was expecting to see it back straight, but after some very long minutes, it comes from my left, strange. To understand what happen, I uploaded the 2 (I tried to restart the app so get 2 files instead of one with a big gap) .TXT files but I more or less see from your site what I have seen in the live video and GPS screen. As I recovered my bird, I tried to use the .DAT from the flight recorder, but it seems that nobody can use it. I tried litchi site to convert to .CSV but it got only the firmware log part with no flight data, so no way to see the missing part of the flight. Finally, it is based on the recorded video that I have understood from the position of the propellers guards that as I see both (it was flying only 10 m/s, I was expecting an easy fly back) and unbalanced (right was lower than left) so wind was coming from the right side.

So it would be good that we can also upload the .DAT file or to know where to convert the .DAT files in a compatible format to your site. From some other threads it seems that the decoding .DAT is more a reverse engineering project.

These flights log start their description with "The wind catch, really!", on September 5, 7:52PM & 8:01PM. Could be good example to you for the WIND section of your site, especially the first one.

Thanks again for your work and sharing it to us.

Last edited:
Hi Eran,

+1 from me too! Just registered and uploaded my most recent (trial) flights. Very informative and helpful information provided. Many thanks for the hard work and sharing it with everyone.

Barry
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Hi Eran,
Yes your site is a great step. I had uploaded several files and the information I get was very helpful to understand where and when strange things happen. That help a lot to get the WHY it happen and help us a lot to better anticipate to problem.
But (there is always a but ;), I had recently a real "catch by the wind". I lost the video and then the RC link too and it disappear behind some hill. I was expecting to see it back straight, but after some very long minutes, it comes from my left, strange. To understand what happen, I uploaded the 2 (I tried to restart the app so get 2 files instead of one with a big gap) .TXT files but I more or less see from your site what I have seen in the live video and GPS screen. As I recovered my bird, I tried to use the .DAT from the flight recorder, but it seems that nobody can use it. I tried litchi site to convert to .CSV but it got only the firmware log part with no flight data, so no way to see the missing part of the flight. Finally, it is based on the recorded video that I have understood from the position of the propellers guards that as I see both (it was flying only 10 m/s, I was expecting an easy fly back) and unbalanced (right was lower than left) so wind was coming from the right side.

So it would be good that we can also upload the .DAT file or to know where to convert the .DAT files in a compatible format to your site. From some other threads it seems that the decoding .DAT is more a reverse engineering project.

These flights log start their description with "The wind catch, really!", on September 5, 7:52PM & 8:01PM. Could be good example to you for the WIND section of your site, especially the first one.

Thanks again for your work and sharing it to us.
Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, DAT file analysis is on my list. Thanks for the pointers to the windy flights, I will definitely examine them as I work on the wind section.

Thanks for the great feedback. Yes, DAT file analysis is on my list. Thanks for the pointers to the windy flights, I will definitely examine them as I work on the wind section.
If you need the .DAT file, just email me, we were in contact a few weeks ago.

Wow, what a great tool. Thanks for building this and providing it to the rest of us! It's now on my standard go-to list of sites!

Reactions: brianb87
I have a suspect battery question. HealthyDrones notes this in the battery log. The flights are in sequence without any flights in-between for the battery in question.

Should I be concerned?

8/23 - Massive Number of Major Deviations, Cell 1
9/4 - Massive Number of Major Deviations, Cell 1
9/6 - No Issues
9/7 - No Issues
9/12 - Multiple Flights but with only 1 noted deviation in a couple
flights, Cell 1

I would recommend to keep an eye and avoid any record distance flights with it until you get more data.

Just released:
- Rudder response map! it shows where the slow responses took place during the flight
- Flight Overview page - this has been released for a few days now but no official announcement was made just yet
- A bug fix to allow better compatibility with Inspire log files (previously a few Inspire logs were rejected)
- Various other minor bug fixes

Known limitation: the Rudder map, when shared with the static map option selected, will only display the table with the various entries. A static map will also be displayed but without the markers on it. This is work in progress.

Cheers,
Eran

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart