New: HealthyDrones.com - cool health checks for your Phantom

I will keep a eye on it only has 4 charge cycles on it.
I had one throwing an error and fixed it by running it down to 5%. I recharged until the lights turned off, then turned the battery on while still plugged in and let it charge some more. No more errors.

Reactions: Pluto88888
I had one throwing an error and fixed it by running it down to 5%. I recharged until the lights turned off, then turned the battery on while still plugged in and let it charge some more. No more errors.

Ok, Thanks will do a 8% Dji recommend once I hit my 20 charge cycle.

Hi guys!

I hope you all had a good flying weekend.

I wanted to invite you to check out a brand new site I created. It allows you to check the health of your Phantom 3 by analyzing the DJI Pilot / DJI GO TXT log files from your tablet:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will be amazed at how much cool information can be extracted and calculated based on the data in that file. Here are a few screenshots:

framed-pics.jpg

If you have a minute to check it out, I would love some feedback.

Thanks and cheers!
Eran
Amazed is right - great job - meaningful info one can use

Hi Eran. Here is an interesting one for you: I went flying in the South African bushveld this past weekend. It is a fairly flat, harsh terrain, with low trees and it is very sparsely populated so I thought I'd do some serious distance flying. I did several flights from between 10k feet to 15k feet out with no incidents. However, when I attempted a 16k feet flight I encountered a curious problem: Just after I had turned around to come home I lost RC signal. No warning, no reduction in number of bars, nothing. It just dropped completely. I was 16000 feet out so there was absolutely nothing I could do but trust DJI's RTH. After several minutes of anguish the signal suddenly returned, with my quad reporting that it was indeed in RTH mode and about 12k feet out.

The interesting thing is that it was seen and recorded as two separate flights! The outbound flight just stopped in midair while the return flight recorded its home point at 12k feet out!
HealthyDrones shows a very strong signal at the point of losing it, and an equally strong signal at 12k coming home. I have had RTHs before, but they have always been recorded as one flight. This break in signal was certainly the longest I have experienced, which may explain it.

You can see the outbound flight here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

and the inbound flight is here : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will notice that the inbound flight shows the total flight time.

PS. I did manage 5.2 km (17220 feet out) after this - perfect signal all the way there and back : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

That's interesting... this typically happens if the DJI GO app crashes. I wonder if perhaps you have a bad cable between the remote and your tablet? Another thing to keep in mind is that when you turn around, the aircraft antennas are now facing away from you, which could cause a sudden drop in signal. Nonetheless it should not cause the logs to break up like that.

Congratulations on the long distance flight!

Reactions: Erroll
Hi Eran. Here is an interesting one for you: I went flying in the South African bushveld this past weekend. It is a fairly flat, harsh terrain, with low trees and it is very sparsely populated so I thought I'd do some serious distance flying. I did several flights from between 10k feet to 15k feet out with no incidents. However, when I attempted a 16k feet flight I encountered a curious problem: Just after I had turned around to come home I lost RC signal. No warning, no reduction in number of bars, nothing. It just dropped completely. I was 16000 feet out so there was absolutely nothing I could do but trust DJI's RTH. After several minutes of anguish the signal suddenly returned, with my quad reporting that it was indeed in RTH mode and about 12k feet out.

The interesting thing is that it was seen and recorded as two separate flights! The outbound flight just stopped in midair while the return flight recorded its home point at 12k feet out!
HealthyDrones shows a very strong signal at the point of losing it, and an equally strong signal at 12k coming home. I have had RTHs before, but they have always been recorded as one flight. This break in signal was certainly the longest I have experienced, which may explain it.

You can see the outbound flight here: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

and the inbound flight is here : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

You will notice that the inbound flight shows the total flight time.

PS. I did manage 5.2 km (17220 feet out) after this - perfect signal all the way there and back : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Wow... I can't believe you made it out 15k! Again you must have had perfect LOI and almost zero noise/interference. Good job! :) That second RTH (homepoint) is rather weird though. You would think that the drone would have come to a landing at that new location but instead it flew right back to you.

@EranSteiner is there any way to get a firmware version for the battery? I forgot if you mentioned this before. When I was upgrading firmware over the weekend, it would've been nice if I could see the battery firmware version as separate from the phantom.

I previously looked into it, and unfortunately could not find any way to get the battery firmware data.

@EranSteiner
I can see the maximum speed in HD. But is there a map somewhere with speed at certain points, and also average speed etc?

Not at the moment, but I am planning on adding exactly that, so please stay tuned!

That second RTH (homepoint) is rather weird though. You would think that the drone would have come to a landing at that new location but instead it flew right back to you.

I hadn't thought about that!
If one looks on the Sensors/signal map tab for the return flight it is clearly marked "H", but perhaps it is just HealthyDrones which assumes the start point is also the HomePoint.

very cool stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.