New Firmware

DJI GO will display an alert if your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

Reactions: gagetman
I have an iPad on my controller.Does the notification come on there?

I am fairly certain this a mute point as there are not likely to be any more P3 firmware updates. There have not been any for quite some time.
And even at that, personally I have only updated once and am still flying perfectly well on over 2 year old firmware. As the saying goes, if it aint broke, don't mess with it.

Reactions: Phill2 and gagetman

When do you know if there is a new firmware update?
,,you will get this logo,same as p3 ,,yes optional to update or not,other app updates come from playstore as version of app (djigo or go4),on your device if not want to update these turn auto updates off so you can first read what's new or changed in app before installing, I just update each app as I need to if I choose to,,,this not happen to many but like myself I refuse to update till they locked my craft due to firmware,I had to do it,,some might remember my post on it,,but does not happen often so don't fear it
20181008_092222.jpg

Reactions: gagetman
,,you will get this logo,same as p3 ,,yes optional to update or not,other app updates come from playstore as version of app (djigo or go4),on your device if not want to update these turn auto updates off so you can first read what's new or changed in app before installing, I just update each app as I need to if I choose to,,,this not happen to many but like myself I refuse to update till they locked my craft due to firmware,I had to do it,,some might remember my post on it,,but does not happen often so don't fear itView attachment 104065
Great! Thanks very much.But if by some chance a update came through obviously it would be on the IPad that is coupled to the controller

I am fairly certain this a mute point as there are not likely to be any more P3 firmware updates. There have not been any for quite some time.
And even at that, personally I have only updated once and am still flying perfectly well on over 2 year old firmware. As the saying goes, if it aint broke, don't mess with it.
Thanks very much.Why I'm a bit worried as I bought my refurbished drone from a bunch of sharks( unbeknown to me at the time) just out to get the money out of you and then drop you! And rob you!!! I sensed there was something dubious with the whole deal as many things where left out and there was already a password on the iPad(refurbished they told me)(now do you see why I say dubious)Well had to put up with them now as I would't get all my money out of them now.The bottom line is this.When the salesman received the drone back he said that there were no more Phantom 3's and my one was an out of box failure. Before I was given the drone back I was told it was only a firmware update that they had to do.When I got the drone back and set it all up guess what ?It said firmware update required!???

It said firmware update required!???
That message can be ignored. Firmware updates are never required, they are completely at the users option to do so.

how can you avoid updating the firmware when the app Says you need to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing