New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

Is not on the DJI page and no info about it. What's new in it? How did you find it?
I'm more updating than flying...

I just reviewed my flight video and images from the latest FW update(1.1.411). My gimbal was straight and I had clear video and images. I've been using UHD(3840x2160)@ 24 FPS, and everything seems in order. For those of you using D-Log, D-Cinelike or any of the other settings, I can't comment on that.

Windsurfers should be here any day, so with all of these updates and my 32 channel hack, I should be good to go until my wife allows me to get some filters and...

Last edited:
Yep.

Wrathofkhan (who also got banned from DJI forums and is now on this forum) posted a video very clearly showing his P4's tilted horizon. DJI-Ken said he thinks the camera is level, but the ground is tilted (he used the clouds as proof of the camera being level, ha). I made a post referencing his analysis of the video and said he was "grasping at straws." Boom, banned. That was it.

That's too bad. Someone should point out that cloud bases are not always horizontal, and in fact are considered one of the possible optical illusion pilots can experience. A warm front for example can make cloud bases angled, and a pilot can unconsciously try leveling their aircraft based on them (especially when the horizon itself is hazy or due to poor visibility). It can also give the impression that some terrain is lower than others.

Just an FYI, I flew this afternoon at my folks out in the country. I was standing under a tree, pretty humid, and I got out to 8000' with NO windsurfers. I could have kept on going, but the wind was picking up and didn't want to chance it. The other day after initially installing the update at my inlaws, which is also WAY out in the country, I got 11,000' before deciding to turn back, but I also did not lose signal yet.

I knew there was this one this morning, but not one over the weekend... And I got the below FROM dji's website.. But you cannot download the firmware from the site, must be IN app.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4/en/Phantom_4_Release_Note_en_20160606.pdf
So the fixed this:

"Fixed the camera live view so it does not become blurry when using a color profile, i.e. D-Log, B&W, etc".

Hahaha. Pretty important fix I would say.

I just reviewed my flight video and images from the latest FW update(1.1.411). My gimbal was straight and I had clear video and images. I've been using UHD(3840x2160)@ 24 FPS, and everything seems in order. For those of you using D-Log, D-Cinelike or any of the other settings, I can't comment on that.

Windsurfers should be here any day, so with all of these updates and my 32 channel hack, I should be good to go until my wife allows me to get some filters and...

Would you guys grow a pair and stop saying what the wife is letting you do. ;)

I would go crazy if I had a wife that tried to tell me what to do with my hobbies.

Just an FYI, I flew this afternoon at my folks out in the country. I was standing under a tree, pretty humid, and I got out to 8000' with NO windsurfers. I could have kept on going, but the wind was picking up and didn't want to chance it. The other day after initially installing the update at my inlaws, which is also WAY out in the country, I got 11,000' before deciding to turn back, but I also did not lose signal yet.

I've been getting similar number in ideal conditions and I have not and will not update until something stops working.

Right now I have 2 P4s that are working as good as I would ever hope they would.

Jussaguy, an out of the blue purchase of an iPad Mini 4 cellular dedicated to my P4 almost got her blood boiling. The windsurfers and shade a week later...oh man! Did I mention how she was when I told her about lenses and an eventual case? I shudder thinking of it!

I've got no problems. I'm still on 2.8.1 :cool:

Super happy they came out with a fix. Maybe now i'll upgrade. For those getting to know DJI and this forum asking why dji has problems, I can say, I've asked several questions on the DJI Support FB page about why their software has so many problems and had posts deleted or not answered. I'd really like to know what goes on behind the scenes with their developers! I've had experience with software development and testing and i'm pretty darn sure they do like one flight per update and probably in some small office room.

Reactions: Start Visit
Jussaguy, an out of the blue purchase of an iPad Mini 4 cellular dedicated to my P4 almost got her blood boiling. The windsurfers and shade a week later...oh man! Did I mention how she was when I told her about lenses and an eventual case? I shudder thinking of it!
Don't mention it, just buy it, she knows crap about your stuff.
If short on money, sell a few of her pairs of shoes. Did she ask you when she bought the last 4 pair of shoes?, the last purse?, the last perfume and make-up crap?
P.S. I have a spare room for you to move in if needed after you talk to your wife :)

I've got no problems. I'm still on 2.8.1 :cool:

Super happy they came out with a fix. Maybe now i'll upgrade. For those getting to know DJI and this forum asking why dji has problems, I can say, I've asked several questions on the DJI Support FB page about why their software has so many problems and had posts deleted or not answered. I'd really like to know what goes on behind the scenes with their developers! I've had experience with software development and testing and i'm pretty darn sure they do like one flight per update and probably in some small office room.

I can tell you what I have been told. There was a person who either worked with, for, or contracted (cant recall which) with DJI on developing their FC and software. Long story short, the code was extremely buggy, and basically was slapped together to just "work", and it did indeed work. The problem was the buggy and slapped together code would often fault out, and reboot the FC, or worst case hard lock the "computer", but both cases, the results were fly a away. This has only been patched on and on and on from that time forward. Instead of rewriting and fixing the real issue, it just keeps getting a "band-aid".

That is what I have been told, and this is from a person in the industry who isn't a "basher" of DJI, and has several DJI products, but is searching for a more complete and more "perfect" solution than the giant that is DJI.

With the new firmware in my P4 I noticed three things:
1. The 4-8' yoyo is NOT gone, I still see the bird descend about 6' when I suddenly stop forward, sideways or reverse direction flat flight by letting go of the sticks, no input. It's easy to reproduce. My P3p never did that.
2. Using the HOLD C2 button and spin the photo wheel to tilt my horizon 5 degrees off level, I flew around for about 5min and it kept the setting. However, my horizon level has never given me a problem. This test was to see if this kind of adjustment would hold, and it did. I did not leave it set at 5 degees off, reboot and test to see if it would hold the 5 degree off level, but I have a hunch it would remember it. I would encourage pilots who are having issues with tilted horizon to try this adjustment method with the new firmware to see if it helps.
3. My range didn't change (I didn't expect any change), still about 4000-5000' LOS without surfers, and about 10,000 LOS with surfers slipped on the antennas (rural mountain area where I fly all the time). With my Inspire RC I've gone 12,000' LOS in this same area without surfers.
My thing John is that it holds, but the problem is, only for that trajectory, once you yaw say 90* the. Check it, it get worse, and then you have to re-adjust, and it's worse, this is why the guys with this problem don't like, or use this (what would be simple) fix, because it's not.
I've said over and over I think they all have this, idk maybe not, today my horizon was about perfect, but had 1mph wind speed at 300' where wind shouldn't have anything to do with level, level is level, somehow the wind does impact the gimbal level. (The motors should compensate for wind like everything else) and then there is this barometer problem, or "drop" you guys are experiencing, and this is where we end up, I don't think I have this problem, I certainly don't have a 4' to 8' drop, I have what I would call normal operating aircraft where it dips a little a full brake, or even full throttle from standstill, but it's definitely not a problem, for me.
Now I wonder if indeed we switched aircraft, u fly where u fly in your conditions, and both act the same way, meaning I wonder if they're all the same, it's just some people like me with ultra flatlands (east Texas) see the TiHo (tilted horizon) and for whatever reason in your area the barometers act up?
It's just a thought.....

Anyone having issues with blurry video after the update?
The blurry video is a numbskull deal if I ever saw one, what the *** were they thinking!? Sorry, I don't swear on here, but seriously. TheDJI color is shyt, complete garbage, I'd love to meet the idiot that not only had the idea, but the manager that let this pass on too firmware when it clearly isn't past writing the code, garbage.
Just go back to vivid, that what I did

I can tell you what I have been told. There was a person who either worked with, for, or contracted (cant recall which) with DJI on developing their FC and software. Long story short, the code was extremely buggy, and basically was slapped together to just "work", and it did indeed work. The problem was the buggy and slapped together code would often fault out, and reboot the FC, or worst case hard lock the "computer", but both cases, the results were fly a away. This has only been patched on and on and on from that time forward. Instead of rewriting and fixing the real issue, it just keeps getting a "band-aid".

That is what I have been told, and this is from a person in the industry who isn't a "basher" of DJI, and has several DJI products, but is searching for a more complete and more "perfect" solution than the giant that is DJI.
Well that's clear, Yuneeq has a pretty cool setup and I personally wish I still had Time, I'd return this or trade this for that I think

I noticed today at sunset that my iPad Air 2 monitor display was blurrier than normal while flying my P4 with the new firmware, but when I started to capture video it cleared up. I've never seen that before, the monitor has always been the same, fairly clear for 720.
It's possible it was just dew? I let me props dry my lens off after coming outside but here in tx the humidity will kill ya, and my house is 70* so when I bring it out, it's terrible at first but clears up quickly

When I updated my batteries, I received a
During the update of the newest firmware the battery of my Phantom 4 suddenly changed. Three out of the four small leds and the led under the push button are very vague blinking at a rate of 50 x per minute. Cannot switch off the battery anymore. I took it out and days later the leds are still blinking. If I put the battery in the plane it immediately is alive. But I got readings battey error. And nothing works.
Hey bro, I hope this doesn't seem odd but, they don't mention we need to update each battery also, I didn't read it anywhere but sure enough after updating, you replace batteries and it'll say "firmware not something" and then you scroll the bar and it updated the other two batteries, I'm just trying to help, if you know about this and did it, I apologize, but I only found out thru a post, I never did it with last update (one before I did but it was mentioned) and prolly needed too

Has anyone tried the follow me mode since the update? I gave it a small test but the vertical adjustment while following seems to be working finally. Nice to see this has been something DJI has been working on. On that note, I'm also getting the blurry video at start up and will not correct itself until I toggle through color settings a couple times. Also, it's always a good idea to check for battery updates every time you update the firmware while you have it connected via cable and adapter to your device.

Has anyone tried the follow me mode since the update? I gave it a small test but the vertical adjustment while following seems to be working finally. Nice to see this has been something DJI has been working on. On that note, I'm also getting the blurry video at start up and will not correct itself until I toggle through color settings a couple times. Also, it's always a good idea to check for battery updates every time you update the firmware while you have it connected via cable and adapter to your device.

I tested mine gain yesterday, and it worked great. it will still lose the subject if you dart past the UAV quickly and don't give it time to follow. But mine has always worked well.

Well that's clear, Yuneeq has a pretty cool setup and I personally wish I still had Time, I'd return this or trade this for that I think

The "perfect" unit that the guy was talking about, that is the closest to date was the Autel Robotics X Star premium.

Still can't figure out the continuous file naming issue I'm having. After the second to latest update my files defaulted back to 0000 even though I have Continiuous file naming enabled.

Kind of bummed out.

Still can't figure out the continuous file naming issue I'm having. After the second to latest update my files defaulted back to 0000 even though I have Continiuous file naming enabled.

Firmware upgrades cause the file file index mode to go back to 'Reset' and the file number to go back to zero. If you change Reset to Continuous, and your memory card is blank, the file number will start at zero.

You can avoid this by having your last image on the MicroSD card. If it's there, when you change back to Continuous, the craft will pick up that file number and increment from there. If your card is blank, then copy the last image you took from your hard drive over to the card. The result will be the same.

Firmware upgrades cause the file file index mode to go back to 'Reset' and the file number to go back to zero. If you change Reset to Continuous, and your memory card is blank, the file number will start at zero.

You can avoid this by having your last image on the MicroSD card. If it's there, when you change back to Continuous, the craft will pick up that file number and increment from there. If your card is blank, then copy the last image you took from your hard drive over to the card. The result will be the same.

Let me try that, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart