New firmware Phatom 4 v 1.1.410

Surely they must test these updates before release. I am new to dji and to be honest, the p4 will be the last item I purchase from this company. They put on a slick clean front, but by god is the support dodgy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: zacksomeone
Understand that DJI is aware of camera issues and will release fix sometime next week. Suppose they like testing our download skills. Have fun, donnie

Reactions: zacksomeone
I flew for the first time since 2..8.3 and the latest firmware last night (including fresh IMU calibration). Everything seems great...the horizon seems decently level, but it takes a bit longer to self-correct after a yaw or pitch now. Maybe I'll do another IMU and compass calibration. Not a huge deal, but something I noticed.

When I updated my batteries, I received a "critically low voltage warning, aircraft landing" alert on two of the four batteries immediately after the update (P4 was on my kitchen counter, no big deal). I only flew one battery last night, but I didn't get the same warning, so that's good. Hopefully the same will be true for the other three batteries...

I flew for the first time since 2..8.3 and the latest firmware last night (including fresh IMU calibration). Everything seems great...the horizon seems decently level, but it takes a bit longer to self-correct after a yaw or pitch now. Maybe I'll do another IMU and compass calibration. Not a huge deal, but something I noticed.

When I updated my batteries, I received a "critically low voltage warning, aircraft landing" alert on two of the four batteries immediately after the update (P4 was on my kitchen counter, no big deal). I only flew one battery last night, but I didn't get the same warning, so that's good. Hopefully the same will be true for the other three batteries...

You got banned on the DJI forums? what happened?

You got banned on the DJI forums? what happened?

Yep.

Wrathofkhan (who also got banned from DJI forums and is now on this forum) posted a video very clearly showing his P4's tilted horizon. DJI-Ken said he thinks the camera is level, but the ground is tilted (he used the clouds as proof of the camera being level, ha). I made a post referencing his analysis of the video and said he was "grasping at straws." Boom, banned. That was it.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
I got banned from "China - we are the honest ones" DJI forum also...:)

Reactions: TK-421
During the update of the newest firmware the battery of my Phantom 4 suddenly changed. Three out of the four small leds and the led under the push button are very vague blinking at a rate of 50 x per minute. Cannot switch off the battery anymore. I took it out and days later the leds are still blinking. If I put the battery in the plane it immediately is alive. But I got readings battery connection error. And nothing works.

Yep.

Wrathofkhan (who also got banned from DJI forums and is now on this forum) posted a video very clearly showing his P4's tilted horizon. DJI-Ken said he thinks the camera is level, but the ground is tilted (he used the clouds as proof of the camera being level, ha). I made a post referencing his analysis of the video and said he was "grasping at straws." Boom, banned. That was it.
So bizarre. They let some people get away with murder and others they seemingly ban for no reason.

If I'm being honest, I think that you were too vocal (with them) about your issues that they didn't think were issues.

I, for one, am glad you got it sorted finally!

Looks like DJI have brought the P4 to where it should be so I guess everyone waiting on the sidelines can jump in now.

Ironically, on both of my P4s, I'm not updating the Go App, firmware of anything else.

It's pleasing to know everything is working but everything is working for me now amazingly and I'm not messing with it until I must.

Surely they must test these updates before release. I am new to dji and to be honest, the p4 will be the last item I purchase from this company. They put on a slick clean front, but by god is the support dodgy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
What's the problem? Aside from the usual problems people seem to have updating, this latest update seems to have fixed everything.

As for other companies, I'd love for someone better to step in but right now, especially from an innovation standpoint, DJI is way above everyone else. Yuneec isn't even second unless you're talking about the under 2k stuff.

It's not as easy a product to make yet as it will be in the future. It's got all the pitfalls as something as complicated as a real helicopter but with lay people as pilots and mechanics.

At least you have a leg up on the photography which is where most people seem to be lacking.

I'm loving my fleet right now but a month ago I wanted to punch a baby.

Reactions: daytona125
So bizarre. They let some people get away with murder and others they seemingly ban for no reason.

If I'm being honest, I think that you were too vocal (with them) about your issues that they didn't think were issues.

I, for one, am glad you got it sorted finally!

Looks like DJI have brought the P4 to where it should be so I guess everyone waiting on the sidelines can jump in now.

Ironically, on both of my P4s, I'm not updating the Go App, firmware of anything else.

It's pleasing to know everything is working but everything is working for me now amazingly and I'm not messing with it until I must.

This is how i view all DJI products. Unless I am experiencing any weird phenomenon, or otherwise flight in inhibiting issues, I won't upgrade. I've said it before, but I have 2 tablets that are strictly dedicated to my Phantoms. I will absolutely not connect them to the internet, and I disable WiFi unless it's my Standard or 4k model, and then the only WiFi access point it connects to is the one created by the Phantom so I don't have to worry about the app searching for, then telling me there is an update. If it's not broke, don't fix it! :cool:

Reactions: Jussaguy
Hi
02/06/2016 I updated my P4 to lates new version. On Friday I rode in mountain fly and videos. When I got home, I survived the shock of watching the footage material from expedition,drone did not record my material 4k only 720 hd. The image was of very poor quality. Camera settings did not change, and I do not know what happened. All material went into the trash, and expedition I have to repeat.

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus

Hi
02/06/2016 I updated my P4 to lates new version. On Friday I rode in mountain fly and videos. When I got home, I survived the shock of watching the footage material from expedition,drone did not record my material 4k only 720 hd. The image was of very poor quality. Camera settings did not change, and I do not know what happened. All material went into the trash, and expedition I have to repeat.

Sent from my iPhone 6s plus

Try modifying your settings to something else, then back to 4k. This is a strange situation, and not one I have heard of as of yet, but mine defaulted back to 4k, and was indeed 4k after the update and tested.

Try modifying your settings to something else, then back to 4k. This is a strange situation, and not one I have heard of as of yet, but mine defaulted back to 4k, and was indeed 4k after the update and tested.

Thank you for answer, yes I did it, but I have not tested yet change settings. I am very angry at this situation because the trip was very difficult and hard. I climbed the highest peak in Ireland and the drone flew over an hour and all the material lost

Thank you for answer, yes I did it, but I have not tested yet change settings. I am very angry at this situation because the trip was very difficult and hard. I climbed the highest peak in Ireland and the drone flew over an hour and all the material lost

That definitely sucks man, and I am sorry to hear it didn't record like you wanted. Hopefully the switch from then back to will do the trick.

Released this morning. Two in one weekend. :)

Two in one weekend? I thought the previous one was only a week or so ago, then this one today.. was there one Saturday or Sunday that I was not aware of?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94