New Firmware for the RC transmitter

Reaction score
There is new firmware for the RC transmitter.

Not sure if I should do update as I have the old TX (i.e. without the multiple LED's and top gimbal control)

gone from 1.0.2.22 to 1.0.2.30

I don't have the extra less, what is the PPM output ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 16.44.42.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 16.44.42.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,011
I updated to 1.0.2.30 because I purchased the new 5.8ghz Tx with gimbal and led lights on it... I'm happy to report, everything seems to be working... I love being able to operate gimbal from the TX Instead of the app... I plan on switching fpvlr stage 2 to kit from my original tx to the new one, soon...

Can you tell me how you got your dial to work? I have upgraded both new tx and new software, reinstalled and tried several times but gimbal stops working when camera app is turned on. Works fine without it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jim

First thing I did was uninstalled RC assistant 1.1 on my computer than I re-installed it. Hooked my new tx to software info page and hit upgrade link , which was 1.0.2.3.
It did it's thing... Than I calibrated it. Did the same when i hooked it up to the assistant software....calibrated it there(Both sticks, s1, s2, and the x1). Power cycled both phantom and tx. Hook it all up, turned on the app and everything worked as it should. I read the manual over again... probably should do the same. Hope this helps! Good luck

Bigdz....I just got my RC and have a few questions if you don't mind answering. Was the reinstall of the RC Assistant necessary? Is it a different version that got installed. Also, I assume you calibrated the RC using the RC assistant, and then ran the Phantom Assistant and did the same routine with the controllers. Is that right. Do you have to rebind the new RC with the Phantom?

Mopar Bob said:
Bigdz....I just got my RC and have a few questions if you don't mind answering. Was the reinstall of the RC Assistant necessary? Is it a different version that got installed. Also, I assume you calibrated the RC using the RC assistant, and then ran the Phantom Assistant and did the same routine with the controllers. Is that right. Do you have to rebind the new RC with the Phantom?

1. I did the reinstall because people were having issues and someone made a suggestion to try it. I just went ahead and did it just to be safe. RC assistant is 1.1 but the new firmware update for RC assitant was/is 1.0.2.3

2. Yes, I calibrated it first on the rc assistant and than did the same with phamtom assistant...calibrate all sticks!

3. Yes you HAVE to rebind new TX to Phantom. I calibrated the TX before I did the rebind
Here is a video for rebinding TX to Phantom http://youtu.be/jYic0Z6fZ8w

Hope this helps!

Any need for us with normal R/C to upgrade ?
Any release notes or anything exciting ??

justin00 said:
Any need for us with normal R/C to upgrade ?
Any release notes or anything exciting ??

That what my post asked in first place, the only notes is what i posted.

there is no advantage updating the RC FW if you are using the basic RC or the old one...

Bigdz said:
First thing I did was uninstalled RC assistant 1.1 on my computer than I re-installed it. Hooked my new tx to software info page and hit upgrade link , which was 1.0.2.3.
It did it's thing... Than I calibrated it. Did the same when i hooked it up to the assistant software....calibrated it there(Both sticks, s1, s2, and the x1). Power cycled both phantom and tx. Hook it all up, turned on the app and everything worked as it should. I read the manual over again... probably should do the same. Hope this helps! Good luck

I just broke down and connected my new TX to the rc assistant. I had previously bound and calibrated the sticks on assistant 3.06 and all was well. Everything works as advertised, so I was afraid to mess it up with the rc assistant, but just had to do it anyway. happy to report all was well, mode 2 was already set, recalibrated the sticks and it indicated I already had the latest software in 1.1 and the latest firmware 1.0.2.30

jrusk1957 said:
Can you tell me how you got your dial to work? I have upgraded both new tx and new software, reinstalled and tried several times but gimbal stops working when camera app is turned on. Works fine without it.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jim

If you are definitely on the latest phantom firmware you should find a check box to use basic or upgraded gimbal setting.
On basic it will behave like you describe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan