New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

It is so strange the differences in ranges. I have had my standard about a month and I did the 1.6.8 update right out of the box. I have had zero problems with range. The farthest I have had it out is 3000 feet or about 914 meters but I chickened out and brought it back. I was getting a little video distortion but still had a signal. I was in a flat area but even near my home in a residential area I go out 2000 feet with no problems. I wish you luck in fixing your range issues blitzkrieg19! That sucks!
Thank mate ;)

its simple.. either ask for a replacement with a Phantom 3 Pro.Advaned at a big discount due to the fact you are frustrated ( ill try that if mine goes just like yours)
make a big mess in the social media - facebook - fora .. its those times that customers should join up and do smt combined and not as individuals. These are not isolated incidents sadly

I did ask for a brand new, never used, in the box P3S to replace the one I have and am waiting to hear back. I'm not optimistic.

I don't know whether to make head or tail with this thread. It's so annoying that some people's drones are working fine but others aren't! Surely it should be fine out the box regardless of updates!

Off subject but is that why the P3P & P3A are better because of lightbridge? All P3's should have had this considering how many people are affected!

Think I'm gonna sell mine!

I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. If i would of known and did my research first i would of probably went with the P3P. I just didnt realize there would be this many problems. I did just order the DBS mod so i may install that and see what happens. After that I'll try a software update and if all that fails its going on Ebay.

Reactions: mike710_0
I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing. If i would of known and did my research first i would of probably went with the P3P. I just didnt realize there would be this many problems. I did just order the DBS mod so i may install that and see what happens. After that I'll try a software update and if all that fails its going on Ebay.
I dont regret buying that vs the Pro. I would never spend so much money on my 1st drone, without knowing if i like the sport!

Reactions: gvsukids and ftomas
I wouldn't have bought any DJI drone if I'd have known that the standard model had signal issues!

I generally don't trust flying mine, as I feel it could basically fly away!

Feels like I've bought a very expensive paperweight!
get a replacement and sell it mate asap.. cover most of your money cost

I tried a couple of new things tonight with no luck:
- stock SD card
- iphone in airport mode, wifi enabled, only the RC was found (no interference from other wifi)
- left my garmin smartwatch at home
- reset all camera settings
- firmware 1.7.84

I tried a couple of new things tonight with no luck:
- stock SD card
- iphone in airport mode, wifi enabled, only the RC was found (no interference from other wifi)
- left my garmin smartwatch at home
- reset all camera settings
- firmware 1.7.84

Does your DJI go warn you about high interference?
Mine does

Many times it does, but not always.
That's crap mate...
I was just wondering if things will get any better if we move and fly in some remote area with no interference at all.
I'm about to swap for another one but if it's due to interference, there's actually not much we can do right? As the new one will just be 'as crappy'

That's crap mate...
I was just wondering if things will get any better if we move and fly in some remote area with no interference at all.
I'm about to swap for another one but if it's due to interference, there's actually not much we can do right? As the new one will just be 'as crappy'

I'm certain it is not interference, as I've tried multiple cities/countryside/etc all with the exact same problem.

Well I'm collecting a brand new one today, and at the weekend we are flying to Iceland. This is my first ever drone, apart from a Syma toy that couldn't fly because of wifi interference where I live.

Thing is, Iceland is about the size of England and Wales, but only one big city, with a few scattered villages. It's perhaps the most remote country in Europe and one of the least populated countries ever.

I'll report back on how my standard performs, with pretty much zero interference.

I don't even have it yet but I'm already thinking of using it for this trip, and then seeing if I can sell it.

Maybe I'll love it to bits - but on DJI's own forum I read about them literally falling to bits, with cracks in the plastic of both the drone and even the controller. The battery too.

When I first heard/realized that DJI is a Chinese company I thought "Well that's nice, a great example of how the Chinese CAN make great products, see?"

Or perhaps they are indeed a classic example of cheap Chinese s&^$, albeit with an Apple level pricetag?

Heck, I don't even have the thing yet, perhaps I'm being too harsh... All I can say if for those with serious problems, please do try hard to get it resolved with the company, don't just sell to some other poor sucker and give them the same problem. That's not fair.

Talking of fairness the guy in the shop was telling me I really should spend more for the higher levels, that after awhile I would want more range. But as someone said above, I don't want to spend a lot on my first flying camera. It's a new hobby and I don't even know if I like it yet.

The price gap in Malaysian ringgit - 2200 for Standard, 3400 for Advanced, ie half as much again. For many in Malaysia 1200 ringgit is a month's salary. I could buy a new laptop for that money.

But certainly my impression of DJI has changed; i no longer think of them as the best available and high quality. It seems the quality assurance is every bit as hit and miss as the cheapest Chinese companies.

The simple fact they advertise the Standard as having 1000m range, when they know that only applies to FCC in America and pretty much everywhere else it's 'CE' (even here in Malaysia) and restricted to 500m is enough to go off the company. I cannot trust them or their product.

Sucks. :(

I live in Iceland and on my last flight i was in a location far away from anything called wifi or anything. Same problem 20 to 30 meters up and only 200 meters away then bipbipbip rc signal lost returng to home

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

8d1ff7d8ee44d6abf495807517431bef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Hungluu165
Just came back from the shop and they give a new one after talk to DJI support team.
So far this one is great! No reception issue from my testing what so ever.
Will take it for a ride tomorrow but so far I'm happy.
To those who are out of exchange period, there's nothing much you can do but keep sending into service until they offer a exchange if you've already tried everything else.
For those who are in the 15 days exchange period, don't even hesitate, exchange while you can!

I dont regret buying that vs the Pro. I would never spend so much money on my 1st drone, without knowing if i like the sport!

That was my reasoning too for getting the P3S. I do with I had the pro/advance. But I made the most of it and modded the crap out of my standard. Works well now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Biggle
I'm yet to turn beginner mode off yet so can't say if I've got naff range or not. One thing I don't plan on doing though is flying my P3S far away. I want LOS at all times.

Reactions: artheserenity
Mmm.

Am I right though in thinking that when you first get the P3S it is restricted on range until 10 hours or something? I'm not saying that's the problem, but I see that as a problem for testing my new one to see if it's any good or not.

Or is that perhaps why they have such a restriction? So we can't tell if we got a dud until it's too late?

Update: I didn't notice Sprite's message above. So there is a 'beginner mode' that restricts your range?

Mmm.

Am I right though in thinking that when you first get the P3S it is restricted on range until 10 hours or something? I'm not saying that's the problem, but I see that as a problem for testing my new one to see if it's any good or not.

Or is that perhaps why they have such a restriction? So we can't tell if we got a dud until it's too late?

Update: I didn't notice Sprite's message above. So there is a 'beginner mode' that restricts your range?
Yes but it's totally unrelated to the signal issue. Even with the limit, video downlink shouldn't go bad. Plus you can turn off beginner mode at any time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT