New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

I went from 1.5.7+ as had range issues too, but only video feed, straight to 1.7.0082 (beta version at the beginning of this thread). Flies perfectly and getting 2000+ feet with no video issues or control issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Very good! Will try this myself

I take it on DJI GO there's no way of stopping the annoying orange firmware message?

Just a word of warning though guys, this is still a Beta version and NOT a final one. There may be bugs in the FW that those of us who have updated to it, haven't found yet. DJI haven't released a final one yet, so update at your own risk!!! All has been fine for me so far and I'm happy with the results, just proceed with caution..start off close and low to make sure all works ok before flying out too far!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow. Same. Exact. Problem. I'm at a loss....even tried a different iphone that had never been connected. 30/40m and it's RC lost (full signal immediately prior). No idea what to do now, but this thing is nearly a paperweight.

Wow. Same. Exact. Problem. I'm at a loss....even tried a different iphone that had never been connected. 30/40m and it's RC lost (full signal immediately prior). No idea what to do now, but this thing is nearly a paperweight.
And you try this beta fw? It's maybe help.

You say you are at a loss? Because you've tried this new firmware and it didn't help, or you haven't even tried it yet or what?

I have tried with 0084 but still connection lost in 100 meters. I will try with 0082. Do I need to downgrade first to 1.6.80 and update to 0084 or downgrade directly to 0082 will work?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

I got the Standard a few days ago and got lots of FPV signal loss issues. I was on 1.6.8 and now on 1.7.8 (0084) but things won't get any better.
My remote signal is strong and I have no problem fly it to say 200 meter but the video feed disconnects at ~10m.
Even at very close distance like 1m, the video will still cut out.
I've tried to relink remote and craft multiple times and have tried to change location.
I think I may need to send it back.

You say you are at a loss? Because you've tried this new firmware and it didn't help, or you haven't even tried it yet or what?

I've tried everything. Multiple app versions, multiple phones, firmware 1.5.7, 1.6.8, 1.7.8, set it in for repair, and yet the problem remains.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've tried everything. Multiple app versions, multiple phones, firmware 1.5.7, 1.6.8, 1.7.8, set it in for repair, and yet the problem remains.

That is not cool what so ever. I think I'll be in the same boat!

I'm having same issue but I haven't send it back for repair yet.
I'm thinking about strong interference, as my DJI Go often indicate interference.

Just registered an account, to share my bad experience with the Standard.
I have the issue where the video feed cuts off @ 20-30 m, and the RTH engages. ( RC control is ok and i can control the drone fine even @ 150m which was the most i could try with visual contact)
CE model, in Greece 1 month old drone..
Out of the box update to 1.6.8 and i never managed to go more than 40-50 m without the video feed cutting off.
Tried the 1.5.7 downgrade with no results.. 1.6.8 same **** .. 1.7.8 just came in to report that it also DOESNT work in my case at least..
I think that i will send it back, but im afraid this is something that will be following me with the new one as well (many cases which the replacement P3S done the same behaviour).. kinda in despair- thinking of getting a new one and just selling it. Already opened a case to DJI and i have the RMA ready, just wanted to try the firmware..

crappy little product sadly.. when i have time i ll go troll DJI on Facebook.. too fed up

I have the issue where the video feed cuts off @ 20-30 m, and the RTH engages. ( RC control is ok and i can control the drone fine even @ 150m which was the most i could try with visual contact)
Out of the box update to 1.6.8 and i never managed to go more than 40-50 m without the video feed cutting off.
Tried the 1.5.7 downgrade with no results.. 1.6.8 same **** .. 1.7.8 just came in to report that it also DOESNT work in my case at least..
I think that i will send it back, but im afraid this is something that will be following me with the new one as well (many cases which the replacement P3S done the same behaviour).. kinda in despair- thinking of getting a new one and just selling it. Already opened a case to DJI and i have the RMA ready, just wanted to try the firmware..

crappy little product sadly.. when i have time i ll go troll DJI on Facebook.. too fed up
Sorry for the bad time you're having, bummer. But it's not really a crappy product, as I have the same unit and go out to 500 to 800m any given day. Yes I'm in the US and using the FAA mode. Now back when I was on 1.5.7 I'd had gone out to 1000m when I turned it around, no lose of any signal, either RC or video. Those were the days!

Sorry for the bad time you're having, bummer. But it's not really a crappy product, as I have the same unit and go out to 500 to 800m any given day. Yes I'm in the US and using the FAA mode. Now back when I was on 1.5.7 I'd had gone out to 1000m when I turned it around, no lose of any signal, either RC or video. Those were the days!
Sadly my 20-30 meters cant even compete with the 500-800 m :p
I would be a happy pilot even with half of it.. and the sad thing is i ve never seen half of its potential since the time i bought it..
the only thing i do is test firmwares , test flights , sware , repeat :D

Reactions: rellinb

DJI has asked me to send it in again....but with no information on what they might do differently this time I'm hesitant. Last time it took a week to get there, a week to for the return. They did complete the work in 24 hours or so, and free of charge, but to receive it back with the exact same issue is beyond frustrating. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm in the U.S. and yes, I know others w/ the same model that are fine. I really wish I could do a factory reset - at least it would rule out one more thing....

Reactions: respibob
It is so strange the differences in ranges. I have had my standard about a month and I did the 1.6.8 update right out of the box. I have had zero problems with range. The farthest I have had it out is 3000 feet or about 914 meters but I chickened out and brought it back. I was getting a little video distortion but still had a signal. I was in a flat area but even near my home in a residential area I go out 2000 feet with no problems. I wish you luck in fixing your range issues blitzkrieg19! That sucks!

Reactions: blitzkrieg19
w one and just selling it. Already opened a case to DJI and i have the RMA ready, just wanted to
DJI has asked me to send it in again....but with no information on what they might do differently this time I'm hesitant. Last time it took a week to get there, a week to for the return. They did complete the work in 24 hours or so, and free of charge, but to receive it back with the exact same issue is beyond frustrating. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm in the U.S. and yes, I know others w/ the same model that are fine. I really wish I could do a factory reset - at least it would rule out one more thing....

its simple.. either ask for a replacement with a Phantom 3 Pro.Advaned at a big discount due to the fact you are frustrated ( ill try that if mine goes just like yours)
make a big mess in the social media - facebook - fora .. its those times that customers should join up and do smt combined and not as individuals. These are not isolated incidents sadly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart