P3 STANDARD 30-40m RC Lost

Reaction score
Hello - starting a new thread - for anyone who is having the same problem as me, I'm hoping to gather a couple of data points to see if we can narrow down the problem for DJI. I sent mine in and they replaced a number of parts but I still have the exact same problem.

Problem description: at 30 or 40 meters, the app shows a full signal on the remote and then it immediately drops to nothing, RC Lost, and returns to home. Distance away from the RC, antenna position, etc do not make a difference.

Here is what I would like to know for others w/ this same issue (list all you've tried and still had the same problem).

DJI Go App version: 2.8.7, 2.8.5
Device type: iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 5
Device OS: 9.3.4
Aircraft Firmware: 1.6.8, 1.7.8, 1.5.7

DJI Go App version: 2.8.7, tried also the 2.7.2 suggested somewhere
Device type: iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone 6, iPhone 5, Note 4, Ipad Air
Device OS: 9.3.4, 6.0 Marschmellow
Aircraft Firmware: 1.6.8, 1.7.8, 1.5.7

Reactions: rellinb
A good idea though, would be to test with another "working" RC controller to start isolating the problem.
If someone has anyone with a working Phantom would be nice to give it a try! If the RC controller is OK we should be checking on firmwares/antennas on the drone etc.
I m just throwing ideas here

A good idea though, would be to test with another "working" RC controller to start isolating the problem.
If someone has anyone with a working Phantom would be nice to give it a try! If the RC controller is OK we should be checking on firmwares/antennas on the drone etc.
I m just throwing ideas here
Agreed! Especially anybody that is getting them returned back with same problems cause as far as l know dji never takes the rc

Problem description: at 30 or 40 meters, the app shows a full signal on the remote and then it immediately drops to nothing, RC Lost, and returns to home. Distance away from the RC, antenna position, etc do not make a difference.

Just to be clear, is it the control signal that drops or the Wi-Fi (video and telemetry)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many users have similar problems when using firmware 1.6.8

You might consider downgrading to 1.5.7 or wait for the new update.

I bought my drone about two months ago. Upgraded to 1.6.8 first thing I did and had no problems the first ~10 flights. But since a couple of weeks ago I've been experiencing the very same RC issue as described above. Even at 30 m distance the RC signal varies from full to zero and RTH kicks in. Seems impossible to fly further than 50-60 meters. So far I've only tried re-linking the RC with the drone. Haven't seen any proof so far that either downgrading or upgrading the FW will solve the issue, but I might try anyway.

I'm starting to think it has nothing to do with the FW, since my P3S flew w/o problems initially on 1.6.8.

Edit: I should mention that I upgraded the RC with the ARGtek antenna kit a week ago, thinking it would solve the problem. It didn't.

P3S 30-40m issue - I tried everything, sent my drone in twice, the second time they fixed whatever the problem was and it flies like new again. No cost. Just wanted to close the loop on this with my case specifically.

P3S 30-40m issue - I tried everything, sent my drone in twice, the second time they fixed whatever the problem was and it flies like new again. No cost. Just wanted to close the loop on this with my case specifically.
Thanks, for the update.
This is the only way I have seen this fixed.

You sent it in twice for the same problem?

Did you send the remote in?
Did they send the same bird and remote back?

Do have any information of what the repaired both times?

Rod

Thanks, for the update.
This is the only way I have seen this fixed.

You sent it in twice for the same problem?

Did you send the remote in?
Did they send the same bird and remote back?

Do have any information of what the repaired both times?

Rod

Yes I sent it in twice for the sake problem, including the remote both times. I think I got a new remote but definitely not a new bird. Many components were replaced but I don't what specifically fixed it. The items replaced are very hard to decipher on the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues