New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

A dji service tech told me it does not matter where you fly.when dji fixes the problem the p3s should fly anywhere and at least 899 m with no mod
Don't believe it. It's ALL about where you fly, has been and will always be. It's radio frequency we're talking about, and that's all about weather, LOS (no trees or buildings) and interference. I've gone 1000m with a stock setup, but can drive down the road on the same day with the same craft and only make it to 400m because of interference in that area.

Reactions: BillyP13
If I was living in the USA...I would have returned this product already
I have now missed two potential incomes....one being an annual surfing competition...
If only I could get 500m height and 700m distance I would be a happy flyer...but 70m not cutting it....

Don't believe it. It's ALL about where you fly, has been and will always be. It's radio frequency we're talking about, and that's all about weather, LOS (no trees or buildings) and interference. I've gone 1000m with a stock setup, but can drive down the road on the same day with the same craft and only make it to 400m because of interference in that area.
Im saying what the service told [email protected]... dji service athens greece

Last edited:
I tested at open area the fw... Not perfect.... max alltitude is 60 m, and max distance 110 meters and then signal lost, and rth. Maybe the argtek mod fails? I bought with it. Maybe i will ty with the stock antenna tomorow...

As frustrated as I am, if they fix the drone at no charge to me and get it back in 2 weeks, working like it did out of the box, I'll be happy. Fighting with it in the current state is driving me crazy.
l wish u luck, thats gotta suck

P3S
DBS ITELITE antenna
Silver Sunhans amps (2.4ghz and 5.8ghz)
The blue 6600mah 3s lipo battery with dual leads
Some getaway with just ampin 1- 2.4. Are you 1 of those?

Thanks for the info....

No problem. I checked my battery and it's actually 6800mah. I charge it for 30-60 min after every flight but it always seems to be a full charge.

I'm thinking of changing the plugs to a deans type low resistance typically used on land based RC since I have so many and can then charge and monitor the voltage with my lipo charger.

Some getaway with just ampin 1- 2.4. Are you 1 of those?

Haha. Yea so far seems to be working. I figured I'd give it a shot to see what happens.

I definitely lost my video before my control, and I ended up doing RTH until I could see the bird about 0.75 - 1.0 miles away and then fly in by line of sight not getting video back until I come about 10 feet away. Maybe it's something I did wrong. It happened one other time where I was flying around a lighthouse with a ton of wifi interference, not to mention I was on the far side of a lighthouse about 2200 feet away. It happened once, and the other five flights I took around the lighthouse were fine.
Here's one of the lighthouse videos in case your interested:

But typically the video signal is pretty solid if I maintain a clear path from tx to rx.

My video loss happened at 12000-13000 feet out though so I probably should not complain too much. But I do wonder; could it be better if I boost both 2.4's?

Then I think, maybe the P3S has two 2.4 because stock, it only has those two fairly weak internal patch antennas, and not a boosted DBS.

If you need to, can't you downgrade from 1.7.8 to 1.6.8 and then downgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 (i.e. a two-step process)? I can't see why that wouldn't work.

Just tried this myself and it does not work.

My P3S came (second hand) with 1.6.8 which I downgraded to 1.5.7 to address the short range issue. I then manually applied the 27 dBm mod and all worked fine.

I thought I'd try 1.7.8 so disabled the mod and upgraded the P3S via the SD card. That all went well, but I had problems reconnecting with the RC (which may have been down to interference as I was inside my house), so I thought I'd downgrade to 1.6.8 and then to 1.5.7. The first downgrade to 1.6.8 worked, but then I couldn't get it to go to 1.5.7 ("downgrade not supported"). Not wanting to suffer the same range issues, I upgraded again to 1.7.8.

For some reason, the P3S and RC need to be re-linked, but I can't get it to work. I hope this is just too much RF interference in my house so will try again outside somewhere when the weather gets better.

Why are things never as simple as they should be?!

Just tried this myself and it does not work.

My P3S came (second hand) with 1.6.8 which I downgraded to 1.5.7 to address the short range issue. I then manually applied the 27 dBm mod and all worked fine.

I thought I'd try 1.7.8 so disabled the mod and upgraded the P3S via the SD card. That all went well, but I had problems reconnecting with the RC (which may have been down to interference as I was inside my house), so I thought I'd downgrade to 1.6.8 and then to 1.5.7. The first downgrade to 1.6.8 worked, but then I couldn't get it to go to 1.5.7 ("downgrade not supported"). Not wanting to suffer the same range issues, I upgraded again to 1.7.8.

For some reason, the P3S and RC need to be re-linked, but I can't get it to work. I hope this is just too much RF interference in my house so will try again outside somewhere when the weather gets better.

Why are things never as simple as they should be?!

You try the with the sd card too?

I only used the SD card.
Then it's lucky at least we can downgrade to 1.6, and we need to wait to the official release... Yesterday when i tested beta, i have "disconected" too. When phantom disconect, and cannot reconect, it will rth?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart