New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Tried a test flight this afternoon and range was exceptionally better considering the "hole" I am in with hills and trees. Achieved 600' altitude and about 1300-1400 feet distance. FW update seems to have worked. I will have to test it in a more open area later this week.

Great news ........I think...........thanks for the updates "Glock4me"

Although the tech jargon seems to be getting even more challenging......any 'classes' out there?

Last edited:
I've tried 1.7.8 beta, 1.6 and 1.5 firmwares with no luck. I'm not sure what continuity check or wind surfer means.

You're absolutely right. You shouldn't have to fix new one in order to make it work as advertised.
They still advertise 500m but the real range is decreased to 350 (as per email I got from DJI and posted on this forum somewhere).
All of us should send it back...

You're absolutely right. You shouldn't have to fix new one in order to make it work as advertised.
They still advertise 500m but the real range is decreased to 350 (as per email I got from DJI and posted on this forum somewhere).
I hear that.

I'd be happy w/ 350m as I only get 30m right now!!! :)

Reactions: BillyP13

As frustrated as I am, if they fix the drone at no charge to me and get it back in 2 weeks, working like it did out of the box, I'll be happy. Fighting with it in the current state is driving me crazy.

So, i do this: my drone has 1.5.7+ downgraded fw. The range was terrible, about 20 meters. Then i upgrade with the go app to 1.6.8, and re link the rc. It's much better, its about 40 meter :) THEN: i put on sd card this beta 1.7.84, relink RC, and the result: i fly about 100 meters away! Its fantastic, this my record, because i have the phantom 3 days ago :) (so i just practicing, but i have lot of signal lost et short range!!!) and it can fly just 20 meters with 1.5.7. At the 100 meters, i have strong signal, but i live in very freq place with lot of trees and ect, so today afternoon i will go to more test! But it"s much better now, i suggest to upgrede, who have range problems!

So, i do this: my drone has 1.5.7+ downgraded fw. The range was terrible, about 20 meters. Then i upgrade with the go app to 1.6.8, and re link the rc. It's much better, its about 40 meter :) THEN: i put on sd card this beta 1.7.84, relink RC, and the result: i fly about 100 meters away! Its fantastic, this my record, because i have the phantom 3 days ago :) (so i just practicing, but i have lot of signal lost et short range!!!) and it can fly just 20 meters with 1.5.7. At the 100 meters, i have strong signal, but i live in very freq place with lot of trees and ect, so today afternoon i will go to more test! But it"s much better now, i suggest to upgrede, who have range problems!

Mine was 1.6.8 and the range was terrible, then I downgraded to 1.5.7 and the range increased significantly...not sure if I should upgrade to 1.7.8 cause if I do, I will not be able to downgrade back to 1.5.7 !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Mine was 1.6.8 and the range was terrible, then I downgraded to 1.5.7 and the range increased significantly...not sure if I should upgrade to 1.7.8 cause if I do, I will not be able to downgrade back to 1.5.7 !

If you need to, can't you downgrade from 1.7.8 to 1.6.8 and then downgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 (i.e. a two-step process)? I can't see why that wouldn't work.

A dji service tech told me it does not matter where you fly.when dji fixes the problem the p3s should fly anywhere and at least 899 m with no mod

Wow sounds very interesting...but the problem is when will we have that perfect firmware ?? [emoji1][emoji1]

The dji tech told any day now.i live in greece and he said in other countrys it has been realeased. That what he told me and thats the honest info im sharing.

The dji tech told any day now.i live in greece and he said in other countrys it has been realeased. That what he told me and thats the honest info im sharing.
Ps. I have friends that their p3s flyes 1000 m any where with no mods.and my friends p3s with Arg mod goes easy up to 3 kilomeyers

Also if someone wants to know the dji service tech had told me to downgrade my p3s to 1-4-6 and he sand me the bin but my craft would not downgrade.he told 9 times out of 10 the 1.4.6 v solved the range oroblems

Screenshot_2016-08-02-17-13-16.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj