New features or just new to me.

Reaction score
Default to P-Mode, new safety feature or just noticing it.

Today I noticed that if you forget to move the selector switch back to P-Mode on startup, the software will select it anyway. You can override this by switching it to P-Mode then back to A-Mode, but otherwise the P3P will always start in P-Mode. Is this something new or has it always been this way?

On the subject of new, I also noticed you can control the camera pitch with your finger on the screen. Press/hold and slide your finger up/down to move the camera.

Again, new or always like that?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Auto start in P mode is new to me. Is this true? Or a SW bug?

Second feature about camera pitch is very old, available from day 1

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Guess I learned something about the camera, won't use it, but kind of cool.

Auto P-Mode seams legit. I discovered it after landing in ATTI mode, changed battery, and decided to take it up in same ATTI mode. As soon as I started up the bird it warmed up and registered as if it was switched to P-Mode. Flew it around and confirmed full GPS engaged. Then I flipped the switch back to P-Mode and nothing changed, flipped back to ATTI and it was back to ATTI. Did this several times to confirm it was not a fluke and it works as I described every time. For my last test I started the bird, waited for normal startup and before I took off I flipped the switch to P then back to A, at that point it stayed in ATTI mode before takeoff.

My takeaway from this is a added layer of safety in FW, but I would like to have another person confirm the same affect.

I flew 4 batteries today, more than enough times to test over and over. I will try it again tomorrow and let you know if it remains the same. If you could test it too that would help confirm.

Thanks

Last edited:
Confirmed. Placed my selector switch to A-mode, turned on the controller, Go app, then the P3P, and after a warmup it promptly reported GPS Mode vs ATTI Mode. Repeated it several times and it was the same result, Default to GPS Mode. Once I even observed ATTI flash for an instance, but then again, GPS Mode. To defeat it, switch to P then back to A. Smart idea on their part. Again, if this is old news, it's new to me, but then I normally don't start in ATTI Mode.
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl