New DJI Go 4, POP Up Warning

From what I have read, you only need to log in when the app is released this week. If you don't confirm upon updating the app, there appears to be restrictions in certain areas of the app. Even though you use Litchi, you still need to have some basic settings taken from the dji app to run it. Some people are suggesting that they won't be updating either the app or future firmware and live with what they have. I'm leaning a little bit that way as I don't like being told what to do with a product that I have purchased in good faith that didn't have a disclaimer attached to it saying 'you agree to abide or otherwise with any changes we make to the drone operating software that will impact on your original platform that formed the basis for you deciding to purchase our product'.
HI totally agree with you,,Yeh lots of posts on this one ay,,thanks for info,,,lots of unsurity out there,,,ps ,,first test tomorrow all this time bad weather:)

HI totally agree with you,,Yeh lots of posts on this one ay,,thanks for info,,,lots of unsurity out there,,,ps ,,first test tomorrow all this time bad weather:)
Ah the weather, raining for the last three days, more to come and no flight time. Also from what I have read the app update is more concerned with flying limitations in NFZ and the like, it won't affect where I live but will probably annoy a bunch of other folk. Why can't we be left alone? Hope you get some quality air time and do some fancy night flying with your home brewed strobes!

Ah the weather, raining for the last three days, more to come and no flight time. Also from what I have read the app update is more concerned w8ith flying limitations in NFZ and the like, it won't affect where I live but will probably annoy a bunch of other folk. Why can't we be left alone? Hope you get some quality air time and do some fancy night flying with your home brewed strobes!
Ha Yeh pulled those off ,,,got just v2 strobon on front with couple more coming from US,,firehousetec was the seller but good variety of lights,,Yip hanging to fly,,,all the best out there:)

Reactions: tevek
OK, so what exactly IS this update?

What does it actually do?

I'm in the US and I keep hearing people talk about the UK and Canada, is there anything in this update that will effect me?

Could this update just be something to do with the new Spark drone?

Whenever a new app comes out.. I always delete my old Go App and do a fresh install. After the install I always log back into my Dji Account and get the app up and running to then fly with. I have been doing this for over a year on my android phone. Is this the log in process that everyone is talking about?? Can't you still use an older version of the app if for some reason one doesn't like this new update? Or is dji forcing this update on the app like they did a few months ago??

OK, so what exactly IS this update?

What does it actually do?

I'm in the US and I keep hearing people talk about the UK and Canada, is there anything in this update that will effect me?

Could this update just be something to do with the new Spark drone?
DJI are releasing new versions of both the DJI GO and GO4 apps. You will be required to log in with your original activation email and password to use the app. Failure to do so may result in functional restrictions with your drone. There may be some new features in the apps that tie in with up and coming firmware updates but no one knows as yet. A number of people are going to stay on their current app and firmware versions and refuse to upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart