New Crystal sky ??

Reaction score
Has anybody " recently " ( in the past 2 or 3 months ) purchased a high brightness 7.85 ??
are you having any troubles ??

Mainly being used with a p4p.
Before I spend the money, I just want to make sure that they have a lot of the bugs worked out.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought maybe somebody bought one recently

Has anybody " recently " ( in the past 2 or 3 months ) purchased a high brightness 7.85 ??
are you having any troubles ??

Mainly being used with a p4p.
Before I spend the money, I just want to make sure that they have a lot of the bugs worked out.
I bought one about 2 months ago, it works great although I had to upgrade the software because there was some problems at first. After updating though everything is working good. One thing that does not work right - only a minor thing - in the flight log the little thumbnails are blank, and when you review the flights the map does not zoom into where the flight took place. Minor but annoying! It's worth it though because being able to see what you are doing in the sun at noon is amazing.
Hopefully this minor stuff will be fixed in an upgrade.

Received mine about two weeks ago, flew it for the first time last week after all the firmware updates to the AC, RC and CrystalSky. Worked great flying my P4P but I have noticed that my flight logs were not updated with my flights,

Received mine about two weeks ago, flew it for the first time last week after all the firmware updates to the AC, RC and CrystalSky. Worked great flying my P4P but I have noticed that my flight logs were not updated with my flights,
Cool ,sounds like things may be fixed. Kinda

I ordered the Cs 7.85 High brightness when I check it out I will post my thoughts.

Is this compatible with Ground Station Pro or 3rd party apps? I looked into it about 6 months or so ago, and all the reviews were just so negative, that I just gave up. I would love to have it if it is reliable, rock solid, and can at least do something more than just DJI Go app .I'm constantly struggling to view the iPad, ducking under trees, in the shade and stuff. I fly 4 or 5 days a week, and it would be a good investment.

Many are saying the new firmware upgrades are fixing things .they're not perfect.
Seems to be the only fix for right now with the ultra is turning the screen brightness down a little.
The post above^^^ seem positive. And they are fairly new purchases. I have an iPad 2017 and think it's sucks in bright sunlight..

Is this compatible with Ground Station Pro or 3rd party apps? I looked into it about 6 months or so ago, and all the reviews were just so negative, that I just gave up. I would love to have it if it is reliable, rock solid, and can at least do something more than just DJI Go app .I'm constantly struggling to view the iPad, ducking under trees, in the shade and stuff. I fly 4 or 5 days a week, and it would be a good investment.
You can also check the
Crystal Sky portion of the Forum.

I ordered the Cs 7.85 High brightness when I check it out I will post my thoughts.

I’m interested in your findings I tried both 7.85 models in the past but decided they were not reliable/safe to fly with ,fantastic display but but buggy as hell, please update us

Reactions: russellk
I have P4P+ with its original 5' screen and of course I would be very happy if it was 7'. But DJI told me not possible. They have 7' screens for Inspire. I believe this is for the marketing only.

I’m interested in your findings I tried both 7.85 models in the past but decided they were not reliable/safe to fly with ,fantastic display but but buggy as hell, please update us
I'm going to do all the updates as others have done and see what happens.

Screen brightness is amazing and the ONLY reason I don't throw it at the wall... I use it in my business (hence could justify the expense) but seriously.... COME ON DJI... we spend all this money on a "tablet" and you treat us like the ugly step child... I need to get Drone Deploy on it... I would like DJI GS Pro to work on it (it is after all your own proprietary product) Litchi works on it TG... but you cant get google maps on it... I went through all their machinations that Litchi said to do to get google maps on it, but alas.... "Google play services has failed" pops up all the time - even mid flight and now getting a weird "Use this USB device " which USB device are they talking about... we need beaucoup work done on this product...

Love the two sd card slots so you can review footage on sit in high def.

I bought one about 2 months ago, it works great although I had to upgrade the software because there was some problems at first. After updating though everything is working good. One thing that does not work right - only a minor thing - in the flight log the little thumbnails are blank, and when you review the flights the map does not zoom into where the flight took place. Minor but annoying! It's worth it though because being able to see what you are doing in the sun at noon is amazing.
Hopefully this minor stuff will be fixed in an upgrade.
Mine does that as well, EXCEPT for when I use my phone as a hotspot and connect my CS to the phone's network.

Mine was buggy new, took it back for another and it’s still not great. No 3rd party software installs suck! I don’t like mine and would not have purchased if I had done my due diligence.

Mine was buggy new, took it back for another and it’s still not great. No 3rd party software installs suck! I don’t like mine and would not have purchased if I had done my due diligence.

Yes I received one that was sent directly back the same day and another that lasted a few weeks then after much aggravation I gave up and returned it , I believe the OP mentioned DJI May have corrected some of the faults in newly produced units so I’m waiting to see how things pan out

There are two CS versions. High Bright (1000nit) and Ultra Bright (2000nit). Besides the third party software issue, I've been reading the ultra version overheats in mild temps. I'd like to buy the ultra, but not if it overheats. I'll continue to seek out shade trees for my iPad Air2. Maybe someday DJI will have the CS sorted out, but I'm not holding my breath. The android software team at DJI has consistently under-performed.

Does anybody use the bigger version (7.8) of CS monitor at Phantom 4P?
The problem is (as I have p4p+) even if I decide to replace the original (5'5), I'll not know how to replace it.

I've been reading the ultra version overheats in mild temps. I'd like to buy the ultra, but not if it overheats.
Is the overheating and screen going black still an issue? I thought that was fixed with a firmware patch early Summer.

Disregard! I checked the DJI forums and it's still rife with CS UB backlight dying issues even with the updated firmware. A darn shame.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez