New controller software.

I flew a bit today with the new controller firmware without any problems. I didn't notice any major changes, but...
the channel hack no longer worked and the .DFI.configs file seems to have been deleted from my Nexus 7 tablet.

Boooooo! That's a reason not to update right there

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I flew a bit today with the new controller firmware without any problems. I didn't notice any major changes, but...
the channel hack no longer worked and the .DFI.configs file seems to have been deleted from my Nexus 7 tablet.
I updated about an hour ago and still have my channel hack. I'm on 25 which would not be there without the hack. On iOS.

Wasn't able to try that today, and frankly, I don't feel great about bypassing FCC rules, so if the hack has gone away for good, I won't be heartbroken.

Good point Fat City, I wonder how much information is sent back to DJI then on to FCC. However it is probably in DJI's best interest to keep there customers happy, sort of the fight Apple had about releasing our data.

I copied the file back to my tablet, and the channel hack is working again. Personally I won't use it unless I just can't get a usable connection out of channels 13-20.

I will try shortly but I'm with Fat City. I'm ok with a few rules.

Sent from my PT beating heart

Wasn't able to try that today, and frankly, I don't feel great about bypassing FCC rules, so if the hack has gone away for good, I won't be heartbroken.

I'm in the UK so FCC restrictions don't apply*

*disclaimer to add that I have no idea if the same restriction is in place here through some other three lettered organisation.

Lost my channel hack. Will put the hack back tomorrow.

That does it for me, then. I'm flying fine under my current setup.

I just updated my TX to the new update, no problems with the update, will try to fly later today to confirm all is well with my P3P, iPad Mini 2 wifi/cellular setup is A-OK or not. FWIW, I updated my iPad Mini 2 to iOS 9.1. I know this is not the forum to mention this but... the previous iOS update hosed my other DJI app ... Ground Station and I have a contact who says that DJI is working diligently to fix it and will be submitting it to Apple for approval. DJI says several of their apps were hosed by the previous iOS update. Once GS is running, I'm not going to fix what ain't broke ever again. I was told going to iPad Mini 4 would "fix" all iOS issues with DJI apps but I don't have the spare $400-$800 to find out if they were right or not.

As far as the FAA rules go, I'm all for them, my two quads are registered with aircraft N numbers, so if they are found somehow, it'll be simple to trace them back by the N number or the aircraft serial number. But I don't agree with what the near future holds for quad owners. Perhaps the DOT will compel the FAA to relinquish its more onerous "regs" regarding sUA in the class of DJI Phantoms as being way too small to be of major concern. I can dream can't I ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate he was being sarcastic.
And really, when the FAA has access to all this, and MILLIONS of UAVS are flying, surely you don't think our government is going to provide enough manpower to monitor every single detail? It's not dissimilar to the NSA monitoring phones - so many people thought THEY were so important that they were being monitored and caused themselves needless, entitled worry. If you are about following the recommendations and regs they are not going to give a **** about you!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl