New controller software.

And really, when the FAA has access to all this, and MILLIONS of UAVS are flying, surely you don't think our government is going to provide enough manpower to monitor every single detail? It's not dissimilar to the NSA monitoring phones - so many people thought THEY were so important that they were being monitored and caused themselves needless, entitled worry. If you are about following the recommendations and regs they are not going to give a **** about you!

Sent from my PT beating heart
The other day I was at a restaurant having dinner with my daughter and wife, the restaurant was packed full. All of the sudden EVERYONE'S cell phone started beeping/chiming, it was an Amber Alert issued by the local PD for a missing teenage girl (turns out she ran away and was found safe). Now imagine there is some sort of "emergency" and all DJI Products slowly land where they are at that moment... even over water... because Uncle Sam decided that was the prudent thing to do. Its not too far off to imagine this happening, and for anyone to think that the US Govn't doesn't have the capacity or capability to do this, needs to bone up on laws passed in recent years by this current administration where ALL communications, wireless and wired, can and will be controlled and even shut down in the event of a national "emergency". Not saying I agree with it but all you gotta do is search online all the STUPID **** people are doing with drones and you can see why this can and will happen eventually.

I hear the new update allows the FAA to triangulate your exact RC location in real time. Better be careful.
Why is everyone so afraid of the FAA if you fly responsibly what is the problem. The whack jobs that fly like fools are the only ones that should worry

Bert O'Connor I couldn't agree more...it's all about govt control, cell phones, cars, electric, it can all be shut down at the flick of a switch and if u don't think this is true u better think again...but in cases with our drones, we are our own worst enemy, people keep doing stupid **** and honestly they don't care, and some blatantly say it right here in the forums and broadcast what they do!

Reactions: Flyaware
This thread is being slowly diverted away from the original subject.
Contoller FW upgrade.
DJI Tim advised:
New features include:
1. Press and hold the C1 button then use the gimbal dial to carry out manual focus for X5 gimbal.
2. Press and hold the C2 button then use the camera setting dial to trim the roll movement of the gimbal.
NOTE - To get the new feature i had to re-install the DJI GO app. Updating didn't help. Uninstall and reinstall.

Last edited:
Reactions: jryser and Mr.Spock
The other day I was at a restaurant having dinner with my daughter and wife, the restaurant was packed full. All of the sudden EVERYONE'S cell phone started beeping/chiming, it was an Amber Alert issued by the local PD for a missing teenage girl (turns out she ran away and was found safe). Now imagine there is some sort of "emergency" and all DJI Products slowly land where they are at that moment... even over water... because Uncle Sam decided that was the prudent thing to do. Its not too far off to imagine this happening, and for anyone to think that the US Govn't doesn't have the capacity or capability to do this, needs to bone up on laws passed in recent years by this current administration where ALL communications, wireless and wired, can and will be controlled and even shut down in the event of a national "emergency". Not saying I agree with it but all you gotta do is search online all the STUPID **** people are doing with drones and you can see why this can and will happen eventually.

Wow, assume you have your tin hat on!

Look there is a HUGE difference between being technically able to do something and actually doing it.

So a girl goes missing and everyone gets a txt, seems a measured response. How much damage can receiving a txt do?

However to ground all drones regardless of whether they are over water or motorways (sorry interstates?) crowded places (I know you shouldn't fly there but people still will) may cause serious injury or even death. Also a load of batteries being dumped into lakes, rivers etc isn't great. So as well as being hard to even theoretically do (phantom range is what, maybe 5 miles) it would need to be fookin serious for them to actually do this.

As for cutting all communications, yes again its theoretically not too difficult at all. However being that Its never happened I'd assume again it would need to be in response to something catastrophic looming (remember this would also cripple all emergency services, and likely cause widespread panic) to be honest if this happened, I'd be finding myself somewhere safe to haul up and hiding!

Fly with your phone in Airplane Mode and this unlikely scenario would never be a problem.

I am running the latest IOS (9.1) on an iPhone 5S, I have firmware V1.4.0010 on the drone and I running it all with DJI GO App v2.4.0.

They advertise the update for the RC will take up to 10 minutes. Mine was done closer to 2 minutes.

Channel Hack is alive and well.. Nothing disastrous to report (so far). Not sure why I even needed to update but I am just nervous launching aircraft without the latest software versions. I was willing to pay the price of loosing the 32 channels but maintaining software compatibilities.

Attachments

• IMG_6696.PNG
    IMG_6696.PNG
    811.9 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_6697-1.PNG
    IMG_6697-1.PNG
    56.8 KB · Views: 261
Upgraded to iOS 9.1, updated Controller to the latest via the 2.4 GO app.... Lost my Waypoints... No big deal.... anyone else have this happen.
Also as noted elsewhere, Go app now only indicates "Map Loading" in "Location" column.

I hear the new update allows the FAA to triangulate your exact RC location in real time. Better be careful.
Yes, it installs a transponder into the RC with a unique identifier, just in case you are gone when they come looking for you! You can run, but you can't hide any more!:p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj